Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

They stopped PI too?
Nah, Pi is working. But they stopped developing it anymore.

Otherwise we could have seen a lot better platform... i'm still waiting for some serious brokers to introduce something like ProTrader ,.. as far as i can see Composite Edge guys r not interested in doing business. They have pretty unprofessional staff atleast. They demanded money for coding support of their own platform.. LoL

Schatz

It's a golden opportunity for other brokers to take away some market share from Zerodha by offering good product and brokerage. Many won't like only Kite a web based platform. It will never be as good as a desktop platform

@trade4learn - Have you tried InteractiveBrokers? I have opened acc with them yesterday, still going through the process. They are by far the best discount broker in India (execution wise).

Also, Wisdom Capital offers NSE NOW, but you have to pay 1200 upfront lifetime demat charges for freedom plan.

NSE NOW is being supported by NSE - but NSE isn't developing it. That software will always run well, without much issues. But these brokers want to push their platforms and eventually charge a nominal fee or something. Or maybe there are intricacies in orders flowing through NSE NOW vs Broker's own terminal where broker is able to profit from people using their platform instead of NSE NOW

@trade4learn Like for instance, Zerodha can strategically cause an issue in kite and profit from that technological glitch that they will apologise for. But can't do the same thing with NSE NOW right? Ever wonder why Zerodha and Kite gives out during high volatility days? Can it be strategically caused to happen?

@Finvasia is also very bad with respect to customer support. They have fewer clients as opposed to Zerodha, but their appalling devil may care attitude is surprising. They don't care about the customers. Even if one customer prefers NSE NOW, they should give NSE NOW - otherwise customers will switch brokers. But they don't care.

I asked why they don't have the feature where cover order stop loss order trigger cannot go beyond the cost price (if the price moves in the direction of the trade) and they had no answer. They said that feature won't exist. It's like a basic feature which is present in zerodha.

@trade4learn Like for instance, Zerodha can strategically cause an issue in kite and profit from that technological glitch that they will apologise for. But can't do the same thing with NSE NOW right? Ever wonder why Zerodha and Kite gives out during high volatility days? Can it be strategically caused to happen?
Zerodha doesnt care for their stuff. Otherwise as i said earlier their pi would have rocked the nation after proper development.

IB is trusted brand, but its good for futures trading. U can use their data (if u find them reliable) into any charting platform directly. Or u can use it for direct order executions too.

The only hurdle with IB is, it requires some serious amount to have an account with them. I'm not sure, never dealt with them as i trade cash markets only. But would be nice if u tell me about what is the minimum required funds to have an account with them?

Still if u lean for NOW, u should take it from Wisdom cap...

Good luck

IB requires minimum 35000 rupees in your trading account. That's all. You should put your networth at >10L at least. They require minimum brokerage of 200 rupees per month - otherwise they deduct 200 rupees.

Min 35k rupees ($500) is for getting market data subscription (NSE Data is free) and $100 for maintaining the subscription. That's all.

HI,

If I place an order to buy 1000 shares of any stock and it was done like 100x10 at difference prices, how much brokerage should I pay with Zerodha? Rs 20 for each transaction, ie.. Rs 200 total or only Rs 20 for the whole order?

Please clarify!

yusi

HI,

If I place an order to buy 1000 shares of any stock and it was done like 100x10 at difference prices, how much brokerage should I pay with Zerodha? Rs 20 for each transaction, ie.. Rs 200 total or only Rs 20 for the whole order?

Please clarify!
Typically, in a market order (or a SL-M order), you are likely to get your order executed at different prices. Since the Order Number is the same, it is counted as 1 order, and will be Rs 20 for the entire order.

Brill

Zerodha doesnt care for their stuff. Otherwise as i said earlier their pi would have rocked the nation after proper development.

IB is trusted brand, but its good for futures trading. U can use their data (if u find them reliable) into any charting platform directly. Or u can use it for direct order executions too.

The only hurdle with IB is, it requires some serious amount to have an account with them. I'm not sure, never dealt with them as i trade cash markets only. But would be nice if u tell me about what is the minimum required funds to have an account with them?

Still if u lean for NOW, u should take it from Wisdom cap...

Good luck
Yes I liked Pi very much. It was clean and simple. Sad that Z only support Kite.

I searched for Pi and SAS online is using it but with a different name Alpha. I do not know about SAS online though. Please let me know if any body have experience with them.