Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

travi

I think all their versions and updates are numbered 1.0.0.6.

That way they don't have to get approvals for the updates and provide a new version number.
Yes, maybe, the version number is the same each time, but we also check the Build Date next to it.
That's the one I shared in my post.

Guys, I have applied for a new account with Zerodha and paid the fees and now they are asking to send a Power of Attorney via courier to their office.
Is it ok to sign and send it? There was no mention of it beforehand.
Thanks.

travi

Guys, I have applied for a new account with Zerodha and paid the fees and now they are asking to send a Power of Attorney via courier to their office.
Is it ok to sign and send it? There was no mention of it beforehand.
Thanks.
POA isn't compulsory, but it depends on what services you want to avail from which you have not posted here.
in general, all online brokers will need it to transact on your behalf for Demat related transactions and there is no way around it.

Otherwise, every time you want something done, you will have to print and sign an authorization letter for each transaction.
For only intraday transactions, i dont think it is needed.

POA isn't compulsory, but it depends on what services you want to avail from which you have not posted here.
in general, all online brokers will need it to transact on your behalf for Demat related transactions and there is no way around it.

Otherwise, every time you want something done, you will have to print and sign an authorization letter for each transaction.
For only intraday transactions, i dont think it is needed.
Thanks. I am gonna do only intraday trading but still they are saying it is compulsory to sign and send it.
Guess there is no way around it.

Thanks. I am gonna do only intraday trading but still they are saying it is compulsory to sign and send it.
Guess there is no way around it.
You may do intraday, but what if you or their RMS team cannot square off due to illiquidity? That is why they ask for easier operations. But it is still not compulsory, the form itself says voluntary. However, there is no disadvantage or threat by giving POA to them.

You may do intraday, but what if you or their RMS team cannot square off due to illiquidity? That is why they ask for easier operations. But it is still not compulsory, the form itself says voluntary. However, there is no disadvantage or threat by giving POA to them.
Thanks. This clears the doubt.

It's been a while nobody reported platform problem! Strange!
We traders have been so used to those glitches that without them it feels like something is missing. :eek:
Maybe they have fewer active traders from this forum.