Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Upstox, fyers, samco etc where I have accounts all charge quite a bit as clearing charge. 5paisa was 0, figured out yesterday from my friends.
This is the Discount Brokerage Comparison compiled by @bpr - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nxoin367ywrlil/Discount Broker Charges Comparison.xlsx?dl=0

Finvasia, Prostock & Interactive Brokers already had 0 clearing charges. Clearing charges are typically shown together with Transaction/Turnover Charges, & minimums are 190/Crore for Futures & 5000/Crore for Options, so anything more than that is extra money going from our pocket.

Hi friends
I want to invest some money in ELSS to save tax under 80C. I have never invested in ELSS or any MF, so far. So do I need to go through KYC (as a friend of mine told me).
If so, what will be the procedure to start with, where to apply for KYC etc etc.
Anyway, I have a Zerodha account, although I have not traded since a long time but it is still operative. Can I invest in ELSS through them. Please post some details, to do it, if I can.
Thanks
Yes, if you have not closed your account, you can use it any time you wish to.
Just download Coin app, choose equity ELSS and you'll get the list of funds which you can choose from.

superman

Axis Direct is coming up with 20rs / order so does Angel broking :p
And Pay TM will come up with trading app soon ,,

Zerodha now you have real competition ! lets see what happens :D All excited to see the real fight now. If Zerodha offers bad platform, they are DEAD as they have no pricing advantage

Sunny1

Axis Direct is coming up with 20rs / order so does Angel broking :p
And Pay TM will come up with trading app soon ,,

Zerodha now you have real competition ! lets see what happens :D All excited to see the real fight now. If Zerodha offers bad platform, they are DEAD as they have no pricing advantage
it was zerodha who started concentrating on platform everybody was just doing plug and play. still our indian platform are way behind regarding UI and stability though improved a lot

it was zerodha who started concentrating on platform everybody was just doing plug and play. still our indian platform are way behind regarding UI and stability though improved a lot
As far as I know, Rs.20 max was their major selling point, which is why after their success, there's been a proliferation of Rs.20 or less discount-brokers. If platform was/is their thing then they've not done too well since all of their platforms seem to be buggy & their infrastructure fails too often, despite being in this business for so many years & now being one of the largest brokerage-houses around.

Sunny1

Yes I agree platform is good but not that great as I was hoping. have not tried other platforms recently but happy to see lot of options now a days.

have not came across stable connection and platform yet. NSE now is stable but lacks features. others are not worth talking about(best, nest etc)