Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Can anyone clarify a doubt?

I had Rs.30000 in my account.I bought option CE around 2000 RS,in MIS mode.But when I tried to exit the position Zerodha wont allow me to exit showing that I have low margin.Hows that possible? It consistently said I need 35000 Rs to exit position.I could only exit after adding 5000 more.

The guides and zerodha articles said we dont need extra margin for exiting an option position since we are not creating fresh selling position.I am confused.
IMO, there must be some mismatch.
Can you post full details of 2 trades
Also post image of tradebook
Also check in RMS, position of both trades, buy and sell

BTW, if you tried to exit after 3.15/3.20, then it could be a different issue/story

One reason i can think of is : Already there may be a sell order placed in the system And u mayb exiting ur trade with a new order/ position book, which the system deems as a new short order. (short selling and hence the margin req.)
Yes.I verified it.I had a sl-m order 20 points away.So when i tried to exit my current position it is treating it as new sell position.It makes sense so that trader cant game a system but those who are not aware it is confusing as heck cause in cash or future existing a current position is not treated as creating a new position.
Today I experimented again with the same result.But if i remove my sl-m order it allowed me to exit the position.Removing sl-m position even for a moment in volatile bnf option is risky for a trader.But I guess that's the rule.

VJAY

Zerodha,
Any updates about what happened in KITE today?is it due to our net issues?or due to backdated system?
Glad to know no one from TJ occured any loss due to dancing of price.......

Zerodha,
Any updates about what happened in KITE today?is it due to our net issues?or due to backdated system?
Glad to know no one from TJ occured any loss due to dancing of price.......
What is more disheartening is that when you post these issues in tradingqna, your post is either de-listed without an answer or you are simply banned from their forum?

And when one writes to support@Zerodha, they only have to copy-paste the replies?

Then if you happen to call them up, after a long hold if at all you are answered then you find that the rep is trained to be defensive with mugged rebuttals?

Outcome: NO RESOLUTION FOR YEARS NOW!

Moral of the story: @Zerodha instead of focusing on strengthening the current infrastructure, focuses on how to bag more eggs and pack more chickens?

VJAY

Anybody experienced MCX disruption In Zerodha yesterday? Any notification/ explanation received from Zerodha?
yes notification recieved as its technical glitch in MCX

VJAY

ZERODHA Charts are blanking out (no chart is displayed even after refresh) ... anyone facing this problem.

looks like volatility is catching up and Z platform might go down... just a thought !!! :)
I stopped using KITE...sticking to NEST ...in future there should be more pain on KITE due to their new algo things