Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

maneverfix

Update since May 30... tried an alternate tack. Rather than ask them for all the previous years, let's ask them a little at a time.

- Opened a new ticket for 16-17 Contract Notes; got them in a couple of days.
- After a week or so, opened a new ticket for 15-16; got them.
- Then opened a ticket for 14-15; got them next day.
- Then opened a ticket for 13-14 and 12-13 (the balance I need). Got the ones for 2012-13. No luck for 13-14.

Got this response a week back (and another copy for the ticket of March 2018 which they never responded to earlier):

That is one glib response -- one, the new version of the BO has been in development at least since Sep 2017 that I know; two, over the phone they have been telling me that it will be ready in a week or two since December; three, the request is not for new features but a transaction statement; four, this is "future perfect" posturing.

It it hard to accept that they could provide 2012-13 but not 13-14 when they were requested together with the excuse that the database is under migration.

As of today, the (verbal) target date is two weeks. The written target date "will be available only after Migaration of our Backoffice".

[Also, migrating/launching to new BO during tax time!!]
May be they have lost data for 13-14

Excited about Zerodha new launch, Streak?

Hope it does not turns out to be another technical disaster, eh? Simple main OMS most often fails, highly skeptical about automation! Anyways, a large-scale broker will always come out profitable as there are new herd always ready to be slaughtered in the stock market. Is Zerodha's or its Partner's technological infrastructure ready to counter such a move? Past performance contradicts, and Zerodha is known to outsource or sell their name to the so-called Geniarses simply to lure and then make a killing of masses capital.

Ideas, implementation, failure or success will continue. However, with Zerodha the execution literally suffers as their leased line flap its wing too much. :D

P.S. Any newbie reading this don't land up being the man below. Please do your own thorough research before throwing away your hard-earned money. There are all sort of animals out there just waiting for you to make your move. Nothing has changed. Cavemen used spears, modern human uses mouse clicks.

VJAY

Dear Zerodha,
You are doing too good in inventing new things for traders so excite about trading with so called auto etc...where they trade more and take loss more in this way you make more too (now even you stopped brokerage reversal for winners) above all these things you never tryed to make most stable and accurate trading terminal for traders even without so called excited things...So please concentrate to build good terminal which might attract good and big traders without much invest in hai hai hai things.....
NB.intratraders please be very alert when trading through kite charts...it will hurt you a big way in one day

Raj232

Zerodha (review) .. KITE charts are not reliable at all, the intraday data during a volatile period vastly defers from the intradat daya of NEST which seems to be more accurate. EOD , they replace all intraday data with the final data from NSE for accuracy. But then what happens to the intraday traders who have been trading based on the intraday data ? Zerodha themselves cannot vouch for the same and call it indicative. I've traded options with almost Rs 20 difference on a volatile day i.e my trade went though @ Rs 120 when Z charts show the mimimum as Rs150 , for the min, 5 min, hour etc. .. :)

VJAY

Zerodha (review) .. KITE charts are not reliable at all, the intraday data during a volatile period vastly defers from the intradat daya of NEST which seems to be more accurate. EOD , they replace all intraday data with the final data from NSE for accuracy. But then what happens to the intraday traders who have been trading based on the intraday data ? Zerodha themselves cannot vouch for the same and call it indicative. I've traded options with almost Rs 20 difference on a volatile day i.e my trade went though @ Rs 120 when Z charts show the mimimum as Rs150 , for the min, 5 min, hour etc. .. :)
Same kind problem I experienced yesterday in bnf when i traded through kite due to away from home .

Zerodha (review) .. KITE charts are not reliable at all, the intraday data during a volatile period vastly defers from the intradat daya of NEST which seems to be more accurate.
In my experience, this generally seems to be true for most in-house platforms, that is, Nest Plus seems to consistently capture spikes/wicks better than in-house platforms.

Nonetheless, as others have pointed out before, Zerodha's OMS is one of the worst amongst the discount-brokers, so I was curious about Streak but what @Loss_Lover & @VJAY have said is definitely something to keep in mind before one decides to try automation with Zerodha.

Can anyone clarify a doubt?

I had Rs.30000 in my account.I bought option CE around 2000 RS,in MIS mode.But when I tried to exit the position Zerodha wont allow me to exit showing that I have low margin.Hows that possible? It consistently said I need 35000 Rs to exit position.I could only exit after adding 5000 more.

The guides and zerodha articles said we dont need extra margin for exiting an option position since we are not creating fresh selling position.I am confused.

I had Rs.30000 in my account.I bought option CE around 2000 RS,in MIS mode.But when I tried to exit the position Zerodha wont allow me to exit showing that I have low margin.Hows that possible? It consistently said I need 35000 Rs to exit position.I could only exit after adding 5000 more.

The guides and zerodha articles said we dont need extra margin for exiting an option position since we are not creating fresh selling position.I am confused.
One reason i can think of is : Already there may be a sell order placed in the system And u mayb exiting ur trade with a new order/ position book, which the system deems as a new short order. (short selling and hence the margin req.)

deba72

Does Zerodha allow Option buying in MIS ?