Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Can the same fund be used in EQ, NFO & Commodity.....
Suppose I have Rs. 10,000 :pompus: so can I trade in all three segments without any restriction ?

Can the same fund be used in EQ, NFO & Commodity.....
Suppose I have Rs. 10,000 :pompus: so can I trade in all three segments without any restriction ?
I think the exchange requires you to keep separate account/funds for commodities. EQ and NFO can use the same funds.

I think the exchange requires you to keep separate account/funds for commodities. EQ and NFO can use the same funds.
Keeping Separate A/cs is Okay.... but what is annoying is restricting the free flow of free funds (not blocked funds) among those separate A/cs of the same client whenever wherever is needed.
Broker can easily modify the Ledger System so that the funds can be inter transferred from Excess A/c to Deficit A/c on Client's Request/Ok Click.
Presently the Client/Trader has to PayIn separately to a Deficit/Needy A/c even if there is excess fund lying around in his other A/cs.

Keeping Separate A/cs is Okay.... but what is annoying is restricting the free flow of free funds (not blocked funds) among those separate A/cs of the same client whenever wherever is needed.
Broker can easily modify the Ledger System so that the funds can be inter transferred from Excess A/c to Deficit A/c on Client's Request/Ok Click.
Presently the Client/Trader has to PayIn separately to a Deficit/Needy A/c even if there is excess fund lying around in his other A/cs.
Valid point.
However, this is as per SEBI regulatory requirements. Zerodha may solve this issue in the near future.

Last edited:
New Update:
In theory,I believe KOTAK SECURITIES allows this facility. They have instant fund withdrawal, as well as a bank. So you can seamlessly transfer between Equity, FO, and commodity. Still, you'll have to withdraw to the Kotak bank a/c first. But it will take a lot less time.

However, do check customer reviews of broker's other aspects: charting, software, order execution, brokerage etc.

All said, IMHO, it is safer to play with small amounts until traders realize the realities of trading.

Last edited:
Bad experience with Zerodha account opening. Opted for instant account opening using aadhar on 20th of this month and account still not activated until today that is 25th. They want me to deposit 5000 to activate the account , what crap is this ? writing off 500 rs account opening charges as charity to them and sticking to rksv.

cloudTrader

Bad experience with Zerodha account opening. Opted for instant account opening using aadhar on 20th of this month and account still not activated until today that is 25th. They want me to deposit 5000 to activate the account , what crap is this ? writing off 500 rs account opening charges as charity to them and sticking to rksv.
This is indeed very ridiculous.

Last edited:
try online but not with register mobile no with aadhar(ekyc). if ur kra registered then form fill up is easy but as already registered may be u can not use offline method. but i also have a problem ,after opening account my rm remind me many times to transfer atleast rs 5000/ to activate. i have already transfer small amount to chek pay in and payout but as i heard about minimum rs 5000/ to be tranfer to activate ,i am confused wheather to start with zerodha or not. but my rm said that after transfer rs 5000/ i can withdraw it full or by part immediately. no other discount broker insist like that. fyers and tradesmart is very friendly broker ,they dont remind about transfer. already have account with fyers now waiting for their own dp to add delivery trade also with them.