Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Good evening everyone, Some novice ques
i have attached a chart of 15 Min TF, there should be 26 candles but the chart shows only 25 candles ie, the candle from 3:16 to 3:30 is missing and whenever i see the nifty, it shows NIFTY17JULFUT---- why so when the closing is 27-JULY-2017

what mistake am i doing, pls guide - - i am in the trading world for only few months ie from April 2017.

sorry to bother you.

Attachments

Hello everyone,
can u pls get me correct why only 25 candles are printed instead of 26 candles ie, the candle from 3:15 to 3:30 is missing?

when i type for nifty future it shows me of NIFTY17JUL FUT whereas the expiry is 27 JUL 2017.

Pls do let me know where i m mistaken??

Hello everyone,
can u pls get me correct why only 25 candles are printed instead of 26 candles ie, the candle from 3:15 to 3:30 is missing?
when i type for nifty future it shows me of NIFTY17JUL FUT whereas the expiry is 27 JUL 2017.

Pls do let me know where i m mistaken??
Hello roughim,

Answer of your first question is the time stamp is correct, no candle from 3:15 to 3:30 is missing. At Zerodha they program their software like this. When the market starts at 9:15 am they time stamp that candle as 9:15 am candle & that candle contains the data from 9:15 am to 9:29:59 am { As you follow the 15 Min. chart }. So by follow this rule when you reach at 3:15 pm candle that candle contains the data from 3:15 pm to 3:29:59 pm. At 3:30 pm market come to an end for that day, so there is no need for another candle.

I guess you mistake this format with any other software in the market which shows the time stamps like " Time of the LAST tick " of any selected time frame candle, like 9:30 am, then 9:45 am and so on { As you follow the 15 Min. chart }. But Zerodha follow the rule of " Time of the FIRST tick " of any selected time frame candle. This is why you get chart like this. Now you calculate yourself again and see the result.

Now come to your second question, again there is no wrong in the name of " NIFTY17JUL FUT " . Zerodha just format their names like this. If you go to any other broker they may show you " NIFTY 27 JUL 17 FUT " { This format is from Upstox Pro }. Zerodha format their names like NIFTY ( instrument) 17 (year) JUL (month) FUT (type ie EQ or Derivative). They do not add the expiry date with the name. You can check this yourself by go to next month contract and see what it shows.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

:):):) :cool::cool::cool:

Good evening everyone, Some novice ques
i have attached a chart of 15 Min TF, there should be 26 candles but the chart shows only 25 candles ie, the candle from 3:16 to 3:30 is missing and whenever i see the nifty, it shows NIFTY17JULFUT---- why so when the closing is 27-JULY-2017

what mistake am i doing, pls guide - - i am in the trading world for only few months ie from April 2017.

sorry to bother you.
Bhai, you are missing simple maths.
Why there should be 26 candles of 15 minutes each, from 9.15 - 3.30, total 6 hours 15 minutes (375 minutes)

i want to plot the high & low of previous day's and the high - low today's first 15 min candle,

how can i do that in Zerodha PI automatically..... Is there any afl or expert advisory to use in PI.

Regards