Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Raj232

Zerodha traders

Great...

I have told many times to shift to other better broker...

but none listening..
Thanks Bro.

I was using RK Global since April because of too many issues with this one.

Feeling Happy today without the connectivity uncertainty and without the over-leveraged uncertainty without the programming uncertainty,

etc etc.. 200 points on BankNiftyFut (NRML only). :thumb:

Last edited:
Seeing this commotion on this thread, I'm happy I used my old broker RK Global since the last couple of weeks.

Bought Bank Nifty FUT at 22660 and exited at 22810. Bought again at 22760 and exited at 22810 without any hassles whatsoever. :thumb:

Really thankful to all who suggested last time. :clapping: For the leverage greed many are stuck big time today !! :thumb:
Cannot express how satisfied I am today, no tension .. only pension :thumb: A little more greed with leverage and all opportunity would be lost :thumb:
They seem like a good option in terms of cost as well as safety of funds. How would you rate your experience with their customer service? Is the web-based platform fast enough to put in orders without too much slippage on market-orders? What about the mobile app in case there's a problem with web-based platform or if my connection/computer goes down? Thanks.

Last night, I tried to open an account. I paid Rs. 300 using net banking successfully; but couldn't complete the next form details. So I closed the browser. Now how can I complete that form? Where can I log in?

I already sent email but your email help us VERY SLOW.

Brill

Is 'Link to Excel' working in NOW? Would like to change over to NSE NOW if there is no issues as in Pi/Kite.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
ICICIdirect ... i think for 4 years of trading ... i got only 30 min downtime ..and thats too... MAY BE not sure case ...

If icicidirect reduces brokerages .. they will earn much more than they are now ..
idiot icici management team .. cant they get this in their head seeing discount brokers .. :mad::mad:
bhai, pay advanced brokerage upto xx thousand and enjoy brokerage as low as 0.012 intraday !!

Raj232

They seem like a good option in terms of cost as well as safety of funds. How would you rate your experience with their customer service? Is the web-based platform fast enough to put in orders without too much slippage on market-orders? What about the mobile app in case there's a problem with web-based platform or if my connection/computer goes down? Thanks.
Dear Newbie Trader,

Thanks for writing to clarify. I dont use RKG fully. I use Amibroker + GDFL for charting. I only place the BUY/SELL order into RK Global.

They are based in Delhi+Kolkatta and not used much customer service. Their email support for password reset, etc is pretty quick - approx 10 mins. I have not faced any issues like website hang, crash, etc. of late. I remember their website was down for half day approx 5 yrs back due to some major issue.

I dont use their charts and only use NRML orders. In case you need to carry over, there is no hassle. Less greed, more certainty is better in stock market. :thumb:

Unfortunately they do not offer auto-trading which I was interested in.

Zerodha asked me to open the account with them after 4-5 long calls with their marketing. Once the account was opened they flatly refused everything and asked me to go with PI + 2 way PI-plugin + Semi Auto trading. This does not meet my requirement at all.

Slippage cannot be calculated so how can I mention it.

If your looking for recommendation, I would recommend a new/modern SEBI/NSE recognized broker who would have at least new servers rather than old servers ( and obviously having to incur additional costs for upgrade)

Those offering latest solutions like auto trading / algo trading, etc should be preferred. :thumb:

wabuf

bhai, pay advanced brokerage upto xx thousand and enjoy brokerage as low as 0.012 intraday !!
YES VIJAY BHAI ... i know that plan ... i think its isecure plan .
//
the bad .......
1: very high brokerages
2:utterly bad trade racer userinterface.
3:as kite isnt workin properly with zerodha. ... even 200ema calculation coming wrong in new kite version :mad: .. .i am now fully dependent on ami ... for that i need nest...
4: they are not having pre filled forms like we can do in kite / nest..always searching and typing and then 2 times submit click .. ||| price already moves by 1 point ||

the good
1: may be just 5 minute minor glitch in 200 trading days ...
2: very high leverage ... could trade 500 Q of Rs 500 script in just 3500 ..

Dear Newbie Trader,

Thanks for writing to clarify. I dont use RKG fully. I use Amibroker + GDFL for charting. I only place the BUY/SELL order into RK Global.

They are based in Delhi+Kolkatta and not used much customer service. Their email support for password reset, etc is pretty quick - approx 10 mins. I have not faced any issues like website hang, crash, etc. of late. I remember their website was down for half day approx 5 yrs back due to some major issue.

I dont use their charts and only use NRML orders. In case you need to carry over, there is no hassle. Less greed, more certainty is better in stock market. :thumb:

Unfortunately they do not offer auto-trading which I was interested in.

Zerodha asked me to open the account with them after 4-5 long calls with their marketing. Once the account was opened they flatly refused everything and asked me to go with PI + 2 way PI-plugin + Semi Auto trading. This does not meet my requirement at all.

Slippage cannot be calculated so how can I mention it.

If your looking for recommendation, I would recommend a new/modern SEBI/NSE recognized broker who would have at least new servers rather than old servers ( and obviously having to incur additional costs for upgrade)

Those offering latest solutions like auto trading / algo trading, etc should be preferred. :thumb:
Thanks for the detailed response. I use MT4 for charting & custom indicators, & I'm not really looking for auto-trading, so as long as RK Global's web-based platform is fast & responsive, that should be good enough for me. Are you suggesting someone other than RK Global?

Raj232

Thanks for the detailed response. I use MT4 for charting & custom indicators, & I'm not really looking for auto-trading, so as long as RK Global's web-based platform is fast & responsive, that should be good enough for me. Are you suggesting someone other than RK Global?
Not suggesting anything as of now.. but still in search of one that meets the basic requirement. RK Global charges web@ Rs 111 per month.

Had it been on auto .. there is auto-stop loss as well executed in seconds.. so less need to worry, no emotions involved.
.. my trades would have been

Banknifty 22800 Call
Buy@210 Sell@280, Buy@260 Sell@280

Banknifty 22800 Put
Buy@130 Sell@160, Buy@135 Sell@145

Profit would be Huuuuge ..
Although it looks risky but it is all automatic as stoplosses are also limited and calculations being done automatically. No need for me to pull out calculator etc. Just need to see that orders placed are filled completely :)

. :clap:
Sorry.. this would not be the right thread to continue this discussion.. anyways thanks !!!!

Last edited: