Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
Hi zerodha,

Today i tried to trade TEXRAIL shares, but couldn't able to trade.

Reason:-rms:blocked for nse_cm TEXRAIL-eq mis block type: all.

I want to know, how many stocks are like this which we can not trade in intraday.

Any special reason behind order rejection?

Thanks.

columbus

@zerodha,
please introduce similar BUY/SELL button of Mobile trading on DESKTOP TRADING also.

Hi zerodha,

Today i tried to trade TEXRAIL shares, but couldn't able to trade.

Reason:-rms:blocked for nse_cm TEXRAIL-eq mis block type: all.

I want to know, how many stocks are like this which we can not trade in intraday.

Any special reason behind order rejection?

Thanks.
go to zerodha.com > menu > margin-calculator > equity. There you will find a list of 326 shares which are available for intraday.

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
go to zerodha.com > menu > margin-calculator > equity. There you will find a list of 326 shares which are available for intraday.
Thanks for help brother.

But that's the list of stocks on which we can take margin.

Many companies stocks are not listed there, but still we can trade them for intraday (without using margin). But in case of texrail , order is getting rejected.

:confused:

travi

If I sell an il-liquid Call Option ...will there time decay in premium ?
what will happen at expiry if I'm unable to square off due to il-liquidity ?
1. Decay is not enforced by any systematic enforcement. It is due to demand-supply, and Theta is calculated based on market conditions.
In short, when you sell, there has to be someone who buys at your asking rate.

2. After selling, again when it is your turn to buy, based on supply-demand rate consensus, if you get someone to match your bid rate, you'll be able to buy it else it'll go to expiry.
In expiry, if its OTM, it'll expire worthless and you pocket entire premium.
If ITM, based on the settlement price, you'll get a rate. If its higher, your in loss else profit.

Raj232

My "Buy overnight liquid fund with no transaction costs" option is already checked by default, so that means you'll do the needful when the time arises, & I won't have to worry about it, right?
" .. & I won't have to worry about it " can never be true :confused:

An active Demat account with Zerodha is also required to trade a liquid fund overnight if i'm not mistaken.

@ Zerodha : can you please confirm.

Last edited:

Raj232

If I sell an il-liquid Call Option ...will there time decay in premium ?

what will happen at expiry if I'm unable to square off due to il-liquidity ?
Selling illiquid call option is a high risk, low reward scenario. You are taking risk but not going to reap much reward because if the option is illiquid and you managed to sell it, it could be that you did not get a good price or possible, a very small quantity would be sold (bought by a novice buyer).

Either ways, this is not a recommended trading technique only for the purpose of retaining funds in the account. Hope this helps :thumb: