Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

yusi

Re: Contract notes

You see, all the mails have "Contract Note" as the subject line. It is so irritating not to have the labelled appropriately. Technically, only 2 of them are contract notes - one for EQ and one for FO. The rest are margin statements etc. which I hardly ever open.

Can you please instruct your people to label the mails appropriately ?
Also, can you add the Date: field to the email header. The lack of it may confuse some POP3/IMAP readers; it does confound mine and the contract notes sort into the bottom of the heap.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
@zerodha :

Is the below response to the ticket correct? My a/c is a few years old. If the response is correct, does that mean that Demat is opened?

I think you have to send only zerodha demat form , no other documents to open demat account , as per response ticket. I too need help to fill out the forms. they should upload a help document on their site.

Hi Zerodha,

In the Zerodha demat account opening form, i notice that charges for off-market sell transactions is given as 0.03% or Rs.25/- whichever is higher. With IL&FS, previously it was a Flat charge of Rs.8/- plus depository charges.

Is there a reason for coming up with %based charging instead of flat rate model propounded by Zerodha.

If someone transfers shares to other demat account for tax loss purpose, the charges will run into few hundreds even for Rs10lakhs.

I'm looking forward to hear from Zerodha, if this is oversight or reflects a change in the approach in charging clients. Thanks

columbus

@zerodha :

Is the below response to the ticket correct? My a/c is a few years old. If the response is correct, does that mean that Demat is opened?

I think you have to send only zerodha demat form , no other documents to open demat account , as per response ticket. I too need help to fill out the forms. they should upload a help document on their site.
@zerodha,please respond.

I have done some more tests to understand the problems with PI.

Earlier I had (and many others) had reported that PI gets stuck displaying the flash screen " Loading contracts for subscribed exchanges".

The software actually is working in the background since we can see the Exchange related messages being streamed like "Market wide possition........." being updated.

So what could be the issue?

I searched and downloaded called "smartsniff". It is free. It displays all the internet connection and data traffic - sent and received with data speed for each of the connections.

One thing I noticed is when the flash screen is stuck, the data is being downloaded from 180.179.153.177 at a pathetic 0.0KB/sec to 0.02KB/Sec.

While if I go to youtube keeping everything without change, I could see data being downloaded at excess of 50.0 KB/Sec to 300 KB/Sec. Actual figure is the number shown multiplied by 8.

My connection is BSNL broadband with a speed of max 8 MBPS and consistent speed of 4 mbps.

I strongly suspect that data streaming from Zerodha/Nest is pathetically slow and the hanging is only due to that. Zerodha might be having excellent servers - But there could be some bottlenecks on the lines.

If these are properly disgonised and taken care off, I am sure the software might work in a better manner.

At present I should be lucky to get it to run. Most of the time- It gets stuck. I got it running at around 10am today. but now it is almost 30 minutes and stuck.

One trick could be try to start it early in the morning and keep it running.

Hello
I am facing a problem with the running of NOW trading terminal, since yesterday. When I log in the terminal it gives streaming quotes, but with passage of time, it slows down and after 40-45 minutes it slows down to almost stop. I have to relog in to get streaming quotes again. And this process goes on. I have to log in many times in a day to get streaming quotes.
Why this problem.
Any solution please. Thanks

TraderRavi

low risk profile
@zerodha :

zerodha , we have to sign in 7 places , F1 to F7 in this demat form ?
can we send the form by just signing at those places ?