Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,
How to set SMS alert (not email alert) for Index like NF or BNF in your NestTrader / Pi / Z5 ? I need it as I am a full time Govt. service holder, hence unable to monitor my positions all the time? Moreover, is it free (like email alert) or a paid service (No matter, if it is a paid service too). please reply.
Currently SMS alert not possible.

Zerodha

Hi zerodha
This is Rahul from haryana. I have a question.
Whenever we place a Stoploss order, it is being sent directly to NSE|BSE.
am i right?
Now what i am looking for a way is
Is there any option of stoploss order which will trigger itself in the software and not on the NSE|BSE .
Whenever i make any stoploss order it gets triggered out. Maybe they get knew about it that someone has put a stoploss order.
In India dark pools are not allowed, so yes all orders have to compulsorily sent to the exchanges.

Orders on the exchange will be just limit prices, so there is no way for anyone to know if it is stoploss or entry order, that is if anyone at the exchange actually had access to see it which is not possible also.

Zerodha

Zerodha,

I very recently started trading Options. Probably a month I believe and I noticed that the options has a brokerage of 20 per trade irrespective of the turnover on the trade but the website mentions .01% or 20 which ever is lower. Please clarify this and I haven't faced the issue with Q again yet.
Hi Pavan,

It is 0.01% or Rs 20 of the contract value.

So if you buy 100 Nifty 8500 calls at Rs 10, the contract value is (8500+10)x 100 = Rs 8.6lks. 0.01% of 8.6lks is Rs 86 and hence only Rs 20.

bpr

Hi Zerodha,

Is there a config setting somewhere that I can change so that in order entry window I will enter in lots and not in qty.

if not can you add this feature request for both Pi and NEST

Also we need a column in market watch "Volume in Lots" which will show volume in lots rather than qtys. I was able to do this in NEST with a custom column but don't know abt PI.
And also if this global setting can affect the snapquote window too where bid ask qtys will show in number of lots instead of qtys.

I believe many will like this.

bpr

In India dark pools are not allowed, so yes all orders have to compulsorily sent to the exchanges.

Orders on the exchange will be just limit prices, so there is no way for anyone to know if it is stoploss or entry order, that is if anyone at the exchange actually had access to see it which is not possible also.
How my SL-M orders are shown as limit prices ??

I am very much satisfied with PI software.... especially the ability to trade from the charts... but i have one request.. can you please allow changing price in pop up that appears when you right click and select buy or sell here button.. would be very useful.... thank you...