Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Found some difference in Chart between live and after market - Pi Charts
Below is live chart captured today BNF 10min TF.

Zerodha kindly to needful to get the backfill option of High and Low everyminute from server. So that the live and server charts look similar.
thanks
We are working on a solution for this. The issue with backfill every minute is that at the end of the candle, the candle might end up looking different if u had missed some ticks due to ur internet.

The only guys doing this well is esignal, who along with streaming live ticks also keep streaming OHLC. But it is a huge resource intensive program, which they can afford as they charge almost Rs 15k per month.

the other data vendors, you have to close the chart and open it again to get the backfill chart. That is how Pi is working for now.
The first step to get to esignal is to have data caching on the client machine, that is something that we are working on right now. Btw, we should have a new release by the end of the month, where the usability of zoom in zoom out, left to right keys, etc have improved drastically. You should also have the crosshair feature.

yes Suresh, on our list, the next release we have worked mainly on the charting + order functionality (like the ones TP had pointed out about bracket orders, cursor starting at the right points).

We will have this by the release after this.
In Pi, please have the bracket order tested by keyboard operators so that a minimum number of keystrokes are needed to place this order. Also, that it remembers the previous values of the target, stoploss and TSL ticks. Check it against the ease of placing the bracket order in Nest.

Thanks.

VJAY

Found some difference in Chart between live and after market - Pi Charts
Below is live chart captured today BNF 10min TF.

and the chart drawn after market today BNF 10min TF.

marked the bars which has major difference.

Zerodha kindly to needful to get the backfill option of High and Low everyminute from server. So that the live and server charts look similar.
thanks
This is what am tryed to explain them...but they not interested in it argued it as net problems etc...:D
Thanks brill to post both charts ....
as far trading with charts its a major problem for traders ...we miss trades or we wrongly place stops :(

zerodha,
I have 2 open position in crude mini. But cash position not showing anything in margin used column. Please rectify it.I am using Pi

Last edited:
Zerodha,

I want a ultra simple order entry option like this

BUY @ the price I place and SELL @ price I place - On the same order entry form.

Simply put I must be able to say place an order on say infosys

BUY
QTY = 100
RATE =990
SELL
QTY =100
RATE = 1050

Good for the day or otherwise.

The first and second trade type should be interchangeable - SELL and BUY.

Sent the first order to the exchange. If the price is met execute it. If the first order is executed, send the second order (SELL) to the exchange.

ICICIDIRECT has already implemented it but at market price for purchase and limit for sell.

It is better that both be Limit.

yes Suresh, on our list, the next release we have worked mainly on the charting + order functionality (like the ones TP had pointed out about bracket orders, cursor starting at the right points).

We will have this by the release after this.
//yes Suresh, on our list//

That is what you have been going on saying every time someone points it out.

Hope you keep up your word atleast this time.

the following might be somewhat out of context:
zerodha, u have stated that u use mainly open source software...and that keeps operating costs very low. for eg: using google forms to take surveys and using the google tools for small business.

just trying to know what the IT infrastructure of a lean startup would look like.u use postgresql,redis, python, go, javascript. anything big that am missing