Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Re: Instead of brokerage refund, u can hv option to hv Zero Brokerage for Next Challe

or, once is happenstance, so make it free for the next challenge for those who have won the challenge 3 times in a row.
Probably you don't get my point. I said, When someone is winning 60 day challenge continously he/she will be more benifited from above rule.

1. With such idea we can save service tax on brokerage return. There is about Rs 5 tax on Rs 40 brokerage which is not refunded.
2. Net breakeven is calculated with brokerage, without brokerage it is even less. Just calculate net beakeven using brokerage as zero in excel, you'll understand my point.

If you have brokerage calculator in excel just put zero on brokerage tab, you can see how your break even decreases.
Accroding to my calculator(Stamp Rs 200/Cr) if I buy 2 lot nifty @8300 sell 8302 with absolute zero brokerage there is Rs 20 profit (break even is 1.59).
Whearas with Rs 40 per order brokerage there is Rs 25 loss (break even is 2.49). Rs 1.59 break even is good for scalping.

3. There is another point also which can benifit some(just few days ago someone here was anxious wheather he is a marginal winner or not net profit was just Rs 100).

For example after 60 day challenge you may loose the challenge with just Rs 500 where you have already paid Rs 4000-5000+ as brokerage already.
Under new method if it was your 2nd challenge with absolute zero brokerage, you are a winner(also saved the brokerage) and also qualify for zero brokerage for next challenge. :p

I hope now you understand my point. It is a win win combination for continous 60 day challenge winners. If someone is not confident of continous winner of 60 day challenges, then present method with brokerage refund is good for them. We just can have both options.

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

comm4300

Re: Instead of brokerage refund, u can hv option to hv Zero Brokerage for Next Challe

or, once is happenstance, so make it free for the next challenge for those who have won the challenge 3 times in a row.
TP : one question popped up:

so, even if i win with 10 trades in the challenge period, i get the next challenge free - where i get to trade maybe 1000 trades....

how is this fair to the broker?

how does one differentiate the number of trades to be done in challenge period?

Jai Mata Di

so, even if i win with 10 trades in the challenge period, i get the next challenge free - where i get to trade maybe 1000 trades....

If you trade 1000 trades even with Zero brokerage your broker will be more than happy, bcoz they get good discount on turnover cost, more trade/volume means more profit there for them. They actually get more profit there than Rs 20/trade from high frequency/volume traders (no problem: its give & take :)).

Happy Trading & Best Wishes.

H.C.

JMD has a good point.

Anyway, this is why I said 3 consecutive winning challenges. Most of the anomalies will be ironed out in 9 months period of continuous, regular trading.
If you trade 1000 trades even with Zero brokerage your broker will be more than happy, bcoz they get good discount on turnover cost, more trade/volume means more profit there for them. They actually get more profit there than Rs 20/trade from high frequency/volume traders (no problem: its give & take :)).

Happy Trading & Best Wishes.

H.C.

But why this excercise of 3 profitable challenges and then next challenge free ? We can get all 4 free in the current brokerage refund scheme. That is the best...make profits and get extra cash as a prize for those efforts by way of brokerage refund.

Smart_trade

Jai Mata Di

But why this excercise of 3 profitable challenges and then next challenge free ? We can get all 4 free in the current brokerage refund scheme. That is the best...make profits and get extra cash as a prize for those efforts by way of brokerage refund.

Smart_trade
I think you have not read all previous posts. :) what TP wanted is all 4 free(1st 3 with brokerage reuturn) but the 4th with advance absoute Zero Brokerage as a Prize (Zero brokerage on contract notes for 60 days from day 1) so that break even decreases from the start of the 4th challenge. An aditional gift for Hat-trick makers. :p

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.
H.C.

Smart_trade
When it comes to competition, there is more emphasis on hype than sense. Here we are just tossing the ideas around to help zerodha maintain their client base.

In Zerodha Pi Tradescript ,can one check for days first 5 min candle closing at high.
Amibroker checks timestamp using TimeNum() <= 092000 . How can timestamp be verified in Tradescript.

Dax Devil

We refund multiples of Rs 1 crore in terms of brokerage refund in the 60 day challenge. So should we give 1 crore to one person, or give back say 5 crores to a lot of people which also helps them stay focused on trading, I think the latter is better.

But like you said, this rat seems to have deep pockets. ;).
And that is absolutely fantastic on your part, zerodha. Every trader gets equal opportunity to have a few thousands added to his/her equity every 60 days, that too without going over the top to finish among the top 3.

Your pricing is competitive; your support team has been helpful and courteous from day one. The only problem that zerodha hasn't been able to fix yet is its trading platforms. They are still buggy, and the data latency during volatility spikes is irritating. I would happily switch back to the classic NSE NOW if it could somehow have had MCX incorporated in it. However, zerodha being the trailblazer in discount brokering, I sincerely hope that you people would do something to fix this platform problem ASAP - it is long overdue anyway.

yusi

In Zerodha Pi Tradescript ,can one check for days first 5 min candle closing at high.
Amibroker checks timestamp using TimeNum() <= 092000 . How can timestamp be verified in Tradescript.
Afaik, Tradescript does not expose the absolute time value of a bar, hence what you request may not be possible.

Pointing to an area of discussion on the same subject of Tradescript's earlier avatar: http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/73585-zerodha-part-2-a-370.html#post803912