Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

:clapping: What a well made up story. Lots of money in your pockets too. There is no way to prove this. Anyway, please don't overreact next time. Be calm.

The problem with you is you don't believe anything. Second is you are not appreciative of any efforts from anyone or anything.
You know technically, these two attributes about you works really well in the market and can make you a lot of money. But there's a catch with the following points about.

Third, you are as ignorant as anyone can be.
And you only want to see what you want to see... Like my previous posts where I have repeatedly asked Zerodha about Pi telling them what my problem was which you have conveniently ignored and went ahead calling me a proxy.

And in the end, if you think people are proxies for Zerodha, then be it... That's a form of publicity and marketing and they earn from it... You could be a little more smarter than us so called "PROXIES" and ignore... I am sure you will have lot of time investigating every single person in this thread cos you did with mine...
So lend us some perspective about everyone here and we will see what you have about people...

I feel sorry for your lack of humour referring to my first reply to your post...

Happy trading...

Dear,
nest is now outgoing platform, bear a few more days. By the time they will solve the issue, Pi will be be introduced.My experience nest is ok without nestplus. I believe if your issue is with nestplus(charting) I doubt it will be solved. In anyway highspeed internet is required. zerodha should clearly state minimum speed requirement alongwith system requirement/compatibility.
I do agree with the nest being dropped in coming days but high speed internet shouldn't be a necessity... I have worked on many platforms and sometimes I have had three platforms open (MT4, cTrader and fxTrade) and they get way more data than our stock market all together but none of them ever buffered with the feeds. They worked smoothly and to consider, I traded forex on just 512KBps connection... Nest should do a better job...
The good news is I worked with Pi too... It doesn't demand higher speed connection (which is good).. 512Kbps works fine, although it demands a lot of hardware resource (Pi and Nest, which shouldn't be considering the three forex platforms that I used to keep live together all the time), I shifted Pi to my other system with 15Mbps which is working fine...
A software that's just 20Mb demands a lot of hardware resource points to it relatively having complex instructions which should be simplified... As with any first release, the software always sucks the hardware resource... I remember how iOS 8 was when it was released... That's with Apple and proportionally, Zerodhas Pi project carries the same weight. So we can see a lot of harmless glitches, but I did have a couple of them which would have cost me a lot of money but I was lucky enough to notice them and called support to null the problem. When Pi does come out, we can expect it to be better than the current Nest but we will see a lot of glitches... Because when it goes live, it's with 30K ppl using it 30K different ways...

Anyway... Anyone else who were invited for the testing observed any peculiar problems... Post them here so ppl will know and keep caution...
Happy trading everyone....

Hi Emt ,
what is the meaning of IM and MM ?
i have an account with icicidirect too and their margin requirement rules say that for calendar spread futures the necessary amount is 6%-IM & 3%-MM
and 6% of 59k is around 4k
please clarify

Dear,
nest is now outgoing platform, bear a few more days. By the time they will solve the issue, Pi will be be introduced.My experience nest is ok without nestplus. I believe if your issue is with nestplus(charting) I doubt it will be solved. In anyway highspeed internet is required. zerodha should clearly state minimum speed requirement alongwith system requirement/compatibility.
In 2007, Bsnl had only 256k speed which was actually 200-210k, and I have used Odin without any problem. 512k is way too much for 20 or 30 scrips in marketwatch.

size has got absolutely nothing to do with performance. Hopefully it will get optimized as they scale up. Anyway pi pi be here soon :)
I see you are a programmer but I guess size is something that gives a general idea of a software... Bigger the size, more the program lines and more the functionality which you might agree... Since 20Mb is way too small, a program that size must not demand a multicore hardware resource (Nest and Pi suffocates on a core2duo)... I have even run a couple of video editing software on my mediocre computer and they have given good performance... Of course your statement is still valid cos this is a network based software in which case it should be extremely smooth when there are no feeds to acquire but it's not the case with Nest and a little bit with Pi too...

And I agree with the post about Odin and 256Kbps... That's what I have been meaning to say...
And yeah... It should get better with iterations... So, personally it's too early to judge the performance on beta...

IM- initial margin
MM- maintainance margin(the level below which the broker compulsorily squares off the futures position)
The answer is on their site... Zerodha gives a certain margin for each stock and they have two product types... CNC if you want to take delivery and MIS is a type which squares off your position at 3.20pm.. Although if you place an order with cover order, you will get higher leverage along with a compulsory stop loss...
Considering the margin available for intraday for each stock, I am sure even if a stock reaches upper or lower circuit against your position, it will be well within the equity available in your account... I have not heard about maintenance margin with Zerodha... Zerodha leaves the maintenance of our account to us and if we choose to wipe out our account we may very gladly do it...
Correct me if I am wrong guys...

And yeah... It should get better with iterations... So, personally it's too early to judge the performance on beta...
But What zerodha is progressing is with customisation, any optimization at this level may not contribute to fast performance if the architecture is itself resources hungry , I guess , some one more qualified in software or zerodha it self can throw more light