Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Ok. Logged out and re-logged in. Checked the order. It shows that the order was executed at 9.38.57

Fine, so far so good. But it also shows that I tried to modify it at 9.40.34 !! How is it possible to even try to modify an executed order ?

Something fishy here.

Besides, now my head too screwed up to trade, for a while at least.

Ok. Logged out and re-logged in. Checked the order. It shows that the order was executed at 9.38.57

Fine, so far so good. But it also shows that I tried to modify it at 9.40.34 !! How is it possible to even try to modify an executed order ?

Something fishy here.

Besides, now my head too screwed up to trade, for a while at least.

I just hope this is not the case with Pi.

Too many times i have seen high & good expectation of a new software only to see it fail miserably and then appreciate how good the old one is.

Anyone know when Pi is getting launched?

deepsat

I just hope this is not the case with Pi.

Too many times i have seen high & good expectation of a new software only to see it fail miserably and then appreciate how good the old one is.

Anyone know when Pi is getting launched?
AFAIK, front end is modulusfe and trade execution will still happen in omnesys nest. Modulusfe just provides charting platform. Zerodha can correct me if i am wrong.

So, time for Zerodha to roll up the sleeves and fix the issues with Omnesys (assuming that Zerodha have control on the issues being discussed)

fxgood

//Exchange must have instant back testing system for New Fully Automated Algo and instant approval (within few minutes).//

Why need THEIR APPROVAL in the first place to do trading in any way I WANT ?

In forex markets some brokers do not allow scalping, though they allow algo trading. This is understandable since those markets function in a different way than ours. Such brokerages impose a time delay between trades which makes the scalping using algorithms practically ineffective. This is because those brokerages cannot counter the trades entered by the retail trader at the same pace as their scripts are entering. Those brokerages that are able to do that allow scalping and hence the algo trading.

All of this is a matter of concern between the brokerages and the retail traders. The Exchange has nothing to do with the control imposed as done in India.

so what exactly is happening in India ?

In a simple way, what the brokerages can do is to impose a restriction on the trades per day per scrip, say maximum of 10 times per day per scrip.

That is as far as system is concerned. Practically I do not think algo trading is beneficial without human supervision in a emotional market like India. But then that is the lookout of the trader and not that of exchanges.
Forex market is a pure time slice even at institutional levels were quotes are pumped at time slice of 10 ms each were as futures are different and are order driven mechanism involved not quotes driven like forex.

fxgood

AFAIK, front end is modulusfe and trade execution will still happen in omnesys nest. Modulusfe just provides charting platform. Zerodha can correct me if i am wrong.

So, time for Zerodha to roll up the sleeves and fix the issues with Omnesys (assuming that Zerodha have control on the issues being discussed)
Modulusfe is not reliable solution to trust for any exchange connected markets no brokers in US try to find short cut in trading platform development, if zerodha is using it end of failure is not too far in platform side developments.

Zerodha

We have spotted the issue, it seems like a deliberate attempt that was done yesterday to cause an issue. It has been plugged and shouldn't repeat.

Deepsat, trade execution/charting/ will happen on Pi itself, no NEST will be involved at your side. The execution management will still be at the Omnesys end, but they are probably the best among what we have for this in India.

We are also in the process of completely replacing our entire server setup (which is between 3 to 1 years old). This should happen by Sept 20th.

LivetoTrade

We have spotted the issue, it seems like a deliberate attempt that was done yesterday to cause an issue. It has been plugged and shouldn't repeat.

Deepsat, trade execution/charting/ will happen on Pi itself, no NEST will be involved at your side. The execution management will still be at the Omnesys end, but they are probably the best among what we have for this in India.

We are also in the process of completely replacing our entire server setup (which is between 3 to 1 years old). This should happen by Sept 20th.
Hope you will do this only in the weekend and not during the trading hours.

Also hope this will not cause "technical problems" in the expiry week :rofl: :rofl:

deepsat

So, can a trader run pi without having ZT in his system? I currently use ZT but would like to move back to NSE NOW given a choice. As i assume that Pi will not work if there is no nest trader installed in the system, what is the guarantee that these issues will not re-appear again? If i can use only Pi+ZT combination, then i have my own doubts.

Does Pi work with NSE Now? If no, what is the option for traders who are still with NSE NOW(or planning to move back to NOW) and trading in Zerodha? They cannot use Pi at all like ever?