Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Dear Zerodha,

I am using a Xp Desktop. I can't find any scrips in "My Strategy".

However I am surprised to find a few in my son's laptop which is windows 8. The backtest also was working nicely.

Why I am not getting them in my xp?

[I tried removing the program and re-intalling it- no use.]

xsis

dear manish - thks for the video. i have already seen that last month. the "trade from chart" feature in video which starts at 1.02 only says about putting the BUY/SELL order on charts. that doesn't mean the moment the price will hit it, it will get automatically executed! its as good as punching a limit order into any system.

as i have earlier told, i know the brokerage industry and nse/bse rules well, unless you have 'dealer's license' the orders won't get executed automatically. its just not possible according to rules. moreover, the example given in the video would require double the margin as its 2 limit orders!

let zerodha guys respond to it. i am sure on what i am writing!

megapixel

@Zerodha,

In your Time Analytics you have this ..

I choose the Date range ...and then I click on Weekday Overview tab.

In the output I find bars for each days . i.e 5 bars for 5 weekdays.

I want to know how do you calculate bar value here when I choose a date range.

For example, could you please tell how do you calculate Monday bar value in a given date range here ?

comm4300

@Zerodha:

would you please make it possible for me to give read only access to my quant to others?

this idea is similar to sharing trading records using myfxbook.com. this report is genuine and this report is considered good enough.

By providing read only/public link to others, they would be able to view my trading performance.

just a thought....thanks.

Zerodha,

I finally got the scrips working and I am also getting backtest results.

However I would like to have a few clarifications.

1) Now that you are developing a new platform, which obviously should be far better than Nesttrader, what shall happen to the scripts that are built for nest?
2) In the present nesttrader, if I give two conditions (like "AND", "OR" etc) , it seems to me that ONLY the first condition is considered for execution. The second condition is ignored. What could be the reason and how to resolve this issue?
3) I have noted that the script that work nicely with one scrip, some gives out error with another / another time frame like historical chart. It does not mention what exactly is the error. Mostly we may think that the error is due to the coding. but it is not.
4) some numerical issue also seems to be creeping in. For ex: if try to to get x% from a value, it works for certain numbers while giving error msg for others. Why should the system make a difference whether I compute 2% or 3% or 5% value ?
5) Sometimes spacing seems to be a problems, sometimes it is not. I think there is a problem with the parcing of the text.

Conditional operation seems to be the biggest issue as of now (2nd question). Unless that is solved, there is no point in checking further.

Finally where can I get a complete documentation of the scripting language used.?

megapixel

guys , anybody have experience in investing into Liquid fund ?

I was looking at HDFC Liquid fund and ICICI Liquid fund .

Is there any mandatory liquidation timeframe ? How long one can keep fund in liquid fund ? does liquid funds permit to keep the fund in scheme as long as one wish ?