Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha
1. Can you tell me that is it possible to add NSE Nifty index in the market watch so that I can send it to excel via RTD link? (in NSE Now / Zerodha Trader)

2. How do I open multiple instances of Snap Quote in the NSE NOW/Z TRader?

3. Also, in cover orders, Can I put a "limit" main order and a "Market" stop loss order.
As per my understanding, it looks that we have to put both orders as market order.
Why is it not allowed to put the primary order as Limit so that the stop loss market order gets activated only when the primary order is partially or fully filled.
This would be greatly helpful and allow putting stop loss order for every trade using a single step.

Thanks
1. Index cannot be added to marketwatch presently.

2. To see multiple snapquotes, you have to make a small change, go to the nest ini file in the nest folder and paste this: [GET_SNAPQUOTE_DLG_INSTANCE_COUNT]
VALUE=5

3. Presently it is not possible because when you put an entry order which is limit and Stop loss will also automatically sent, so that is 2 pending orders which would mean blocking extra margin..Hence not possible..

Zerodha

When the INDEX is range-bound (in small range) or Flat ,the strike value of 50
is OK,but INDEX is plunging like 250 or 100 points ,then it is meaningless.If
STATUSQUO
is continued it is good ,in my personal opinion.
Statusquo is what we had requested for, we also felt that adding extra strikes might reduce the liquidity from present nifty strikes.

Statusquo is what we had requested for, we also felt that adding extra strikes might reduce the liquidity from present nifty strikes.
Besides, you will need to increase the size of the market watch, and all your desired scrips may not fit in the screen. About the time you asked NOW team to enable viewing multiple marketwatches at a time, or allow dual panel or something.

Giraffe

2. To see multiple snapquotes, you have to make a small change, go to the nest ini file in the nest folder and paste this: [GET_SNAPQUOTE_DLG_INSTANCE_COUNT]
VALUE=5

3. Presently it is not possible because when you put an entry order which is limit and Stop loss will also automatically sent, so that is 2 pending orders which would mean blocking extra margin..Hence not possible..
Thanks for the prompt reply..:thumb:
But I can't find any nest.ini file in nest folder. The *.ini files are:
1. UserSetting.ini
2. DialogPos.ini
3. nestclient.ini
4. nestplus.ini
5. plussettings.ini
6. OptionStrTemplate.ini
7. FactorySetting.ini
8. Config.ini

Giraffe

VALUE=5

Found it, it was the "nestclient.ini".
Copy pasted the above, and it worked.
Now I am able to open 5 Snap quotes.....:clap::clap::clap:

Gandhar.

VALUE=5
have to put this wherever in ini file or at a particular location ?
put it in nestclient.ini file but didnt work:confused: