Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

I have two questions:

1. I am your existing client having only trading account with you (I don't have IL&FS demat), if I print demat forms myself, account opening for demat will be free?

2. What do you mean by 'priority' ??
All existing clients get demat free. Priority is for new trading and demat accounts.

Zerodha

@zerodha :

Is the below response to the ticket correct? My a/c is a few years old. If the response is correct, does that mean that Demat is opened?

YOu don't need to send new documents, but u will still have to print the form, sign and send it back to us. U can see the new demat form in our downloads page.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

In the Zerodha demat account opening form, i notice that charges for off-market sell transactions is given as 0.03% or Rs.25/- whichever is higher. With IL&FS, previously it was a Flat charge of Rs.8/- plus depository charges.

Is there a reason for coming up with %based charging instead of flat rate model propounded by Zerodha.

If someone transfers shares to other demat account for tax loss purpose, the charges will run into few hundreds even for Rs10lakhs.

I'm looking forward to hear from Zerodha, if this is oversight or reflects a change in the approach in charging clients. Thanks
DP charge is still a flat Rs 8 plus depository charges.

Off market transactions is basically those which are transfers from one demat to another demat account. We don't want to be getting into this business, quite a pain, ensuring DP slips have correct signatures and all of that.

Re: Contract notes

Hello Zerodha,

Below are the mails that I received from you yesterday about my trades.

You see, all the mails have "Contract Note" as the subject line. It is so irritating not to have the labelled appropriately. Technically, only 2 of them are contract notes - one for EQ and one for FO. The rest are margin statements etc. which I hardly ever open.

Can you please instruct your people to label the mails appropriately ?
Just bumping it up

NJ23