Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

ODIN crap?? really....
I talked only about the execution which means if i want to execute my order at any given point of time i get quotes without freeze.
Big trading houses are using ODIN only because of it, coz its simple business, punch it on right on time. Dont know about which odin you used, may be small broker, but check all traditional broker, they have ODIN running throughout years uninterrupted. please dont compare other exotic features, I just mean quotes and execution.
100% AGREE WITH ASHU1234:thumb:

Lets say margin required to sell 25 qty of 8000call is 25K.

As per your site it can be done only at 40% margin. There for short selling I will need 10K only. Am I correct ?

Also do you provide any scheme or product type where in I can get more margin for short selling Nifty option, I mean more than 40% for intra day on nifty option only.

kainiteh

Hi Z,
I have new account in your platform, Today I tried to transfer the fund for registered bank, Pay in option used for transfer... payment was succeed in the bank and debit for saving account but unfortunately before getting to Zerodha confirmation page it got refreshed accidentally.... After 2 hours I have checked both end but money is still hanging in somewhere... what can do now?... please reply at earliest since I need that for tomorrow market....

Contract notes

Hello Zerodha,

Below are the mails that I received from you yesterday about my trades.

You see, all the mails have "Contract Note" as the subject line. It is so irritating not to have the labelled appropriately. Technically, only 2 of them are contract notes - one for EQ and one for FO. The rest are margin statements etc. which I hardly ever open.

Can you please instruct your people to label the mails appropriately ?

Re: Contract notes

Hello Zerodha,

Below are the mails that I received from you yesterday about my trades.

You see, all the mails have "Contract Note" as the subject line. It is so irritating not to have the labelled appropriately. Technically, only 2 of them are contract notes - one for EQ and one for FO. The rest are margin statements etc. which I hardly ever open.

Can you please instruct your people to label the mails appropriately ?

Zerodha,

Is there some way, If I wish to down load contract notes for a given period say for the Financial year 2014-2015 or say quarterly / monthly - I may download all the CONTRACTS NOTES (only) no email attached in one go only instead of selecting each and every contract note and then downloading them separately .

SHEKHAR

I ave two questions. Let me explain my situation first.

I see myself as a newcomer to equity investment, even though I have been operating a dummy account on DSIJ website and also giving advice to my father for some transactions. I expect to make a profit of 15-20 % on my investments.

Total Investment: 2 Lakh.
1 Lakh ONLY in insurance, debt, and some Mrs
1 Lakh for equity. This is like a sandbox. I will invest and learn as I do so for two years. Thereafter, I may increase my investments.

Also, I do not do short term trades (unless the market is in a condition like the past two weeks). I usually buy and hold for 3 to 6 months.

Now, my questions:

1. Is zerodha right for me? I find their brokerages attractive..... but is there another better option?

2. I have an SBI savings account. How does the linking work? Do I need to go to my bank to sort some work out? And if I wish to buy a stock today, how quick is the transfer?

yusi

Re: Contract notes

Zerodha,

Is there some way, If I wish to down load contract notes for a given period say for the Financial year 2014-2015 or say quarterly / monthly - I may download all the CONTRACTS NOTES (only) no email attached in one go only instead of selecting each and every contract note and then downloading them separately .

SHEKHAR
I did download all the contract notes for 2014-15 in one go either from q.zerodha or bo.zerodha using the date range. The were available as one documents, pdf or xls, with all the contract notes one after the other. I was able to export the xls as csv and import them into MProfit while preparing accounts.