Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

kainiteh

Hi,
I tried to open the account in Zerodha for Equity and futures trading but problem right now I am in aboard on contract basis with Permanent residence visa valid for 2 year only! Are you still consider me as NRI or I can open the account from here! My current DP is having lot of brokerage and slippage so I decided to change my DP as Zerodha.. Can you please assist me in this
Thanks

Zerodha

Hi,
I tried to open the account in Zerodha for Equity and futures trading but problem right now I am in aboard on contract basis with Permanent residence visa valid for 2 year only! Are you still consider me as NRI or I can open the account from here! My current DP is having lot of brokerage and slippage so I decided to change my DP as Zerodha.. Can you please assist me in this
Thanks
As long as you don't declare that you are a NRI to us and have a normal savings bank account mapped t o your trading account, you can still open the normal trading account. If you know what i mean.

Otherwise this is how you can open NRI trading account: http://zerodha.com/z-connect/zerodha/open-an-account/nri-trading-on-indian-stock-exchanges

NJ23

Hi Zerodha,
Is it possible to add a column in the Generated Alerts window to know the status of the trigger i.e. if the order has been placed in Pi or not? It gets confusing to check the time of trigger again and again in Ami as well as Pi. BTW, How long before full automation(for MCX as well)?

Last edited:

bpr

Hi Zerodha,

Is there a config setting somewhere that I can change so that in order entry window I will enter in lots and not in qty.

if not can you add this feature request for both Pi and NEST

Also we need a column in market watch "Volume in Lots" which will show volume in lots rather than qtys. I was able to do this in NEST with a custom column but don't know abt PI.

Hi zerodha
This is Rahul from haryana. I have a question.
Whenever we place a Stoploss order, it is being sent directly to NSE|BSE.
am i right?
Now what i am looking for a way is
Is there any option of stoploss order which will trigger itself in the software and not on the NSE|BSE .
Whenever i make any stoploss order it gets triggered out. Maybe they get knew about it that someone has put a stoploss order.

columbus

Hi Zerodha,

Is there a config setting somewhere that I can change so that in order entry window I will enter in lots and not in qty.

if not can you add this feature request for both Pi and NEST

Also we need a column in market watch "Volume in Lots" which will show volume in lots rather than qtys. I was able to do this in NEST with a custom column but don't know abt PI.
In PI how to change the default setting of qty=25 to other
value ,say 50 or 75 ?

The option PICK FROM MARKET WATCH/SNAP QUOTE is quite DANGEROUS.

Last edited:
Zerodha,

I very recently started trading Options. Probably a month I believe and I noticed that the options has a brokerage of 20 per trade irrespective of the turnover on the trade but the website mentions .01% or 20 which ever is lower. Please clarify this and I haven't faced the issue with Q again yet.

Hi zerodha
This is Rahul from haryana. I have a question.
Whenever we place a Stoploss order, it is being sent directly to NSE|BSE.
am i right?
Now what i am looking for a way is
Is there any option of stoploss order which will trigger itself in the software and not on the NSE|BSE .
Whenever i make any stoploss order it gets triggered out. Maybe they get knew about it that someone has put a stoploss order.
That is the core fact of market making - you slip/loss and big boys are in profit - they knows all about your trading plan and act accordingly.