zerodha intraday charting

newbie_7

hello guys,

I am thinking of closing my account with sharekhan that I have been using just for charts and paying 6000 annually for it.

I want to know if zerodha Pi is good enough if I just need 2 days intraday data as I just trade the nifty intraday.

I called zerodha and they said that almost all their clients use Pi...which is kinda understandable coming from them.

can traders using Pi intraday charts tell me if I can depend on them for trading nifty index futures only?

only regular/ active traders using Pi daily need reply....I don't need views, expert opinions, assumptions and presumptions....

thank you,

regards,

newbie_7

Hello newbie_7,

Yes you can depend on "Pi" charts. But please remember 2 things.

1) Do not use too many indicators on the same chart page. It tend to
make the chart slow. i.e. MACD, RSI, Moving Average, Bollinger
Bands or any others on the same page. Try to use different chart
sheet for different indicators.

2) And please remember (if you already used AmiBroker), this is
not the AmiBroker. If you expect something like AmiBroker then
you surely going to be disappointed. ;)

I too only watch Nifty for intraday. :thumb:

Thanks & Regards

newbie_7

hello cyborg,
all I need is reliable data and candles to be accurate....indicators are all lagging and I use none...not even moving average, stochastics, pivots...nothing...just the candle charts for nifty index futures and VIX.

in fact I did do a comparison of Pi nifty chart with trade tiger (I have an account with both) during live market hours and didn't find anything wrong with Pi nifty chart.

But a lot of traders are complaining coz of which I needed a second opinion from real intraday traders using Pi....you seem to be one of them.

thanks for your input...btw does cyborg have anything to do with beer??

regards,

newbie_7

hello cyborg,

But a lot of traders are complaining coz of which I needed a second opinion from real intraday traders using Pi....you seem to be one of them.

regards,

newbie_7
Hello newbie_7

Mainly they complaining about backend servers. And yes there was a time
when charts are incorrect, but now some problems are gone. Some emerge here and there. Pi still need some time to go smooth.

By the way you can check out "Kite" online software. Some improvements are there. I check the chart, but never trade from there.

Welcome for first part, for second part no I am not alcoholic. :eek:. cyborg (name)idea came from a Hollywood movie.

Forgot to mention in earlier post, I have no benefit from Zerodha. :)

Thanks & Regards

newbie_7

hi cyborg,

sorry...my bad...just looked it up...its tuborg...that's the beer!!

prob is im a teetotaller too...so when something rhymes, you try to connect. :)

regards,

newbie_7