Writing Mechanical Trading System

Hi Guys,
This is my first post, and i think you guys can help me. I am in process of writing a mechanical trading system in Java for day trading. I need following things
  1. Need a market access to send orders to exchange (via broker or something like screen scraping on icicidirect site)
  2. Need market data source with programming interface (preferably java)
  3. Algorithm execution framework (where i can define algorithm using technical analysis or something advance like neural network or rules engine)
  4. framework to back test algorithm
  5. Historical market data source for back test
  6. And of course algorithm :)

Rather developing every thing from scratch, can some one tell me what are the cheap alternatives for above. Those alternative should have programming interfaces expose, so that i can integrate them.

Thanks in Advance

R

ratan jain

Hi Guys,
This is my first post, and i think you guys can help me. I am in process of writing a mechanical trading system in Java for day trading. I need following things
  1. Need a market access to send orders to exchange (via broker or something like screen scraping on icicidirect site)
  3. Algorithm execution framework (where i can define algorithm using technical analysis or something advance like neural network or rules engine)

Rather developing every thing from scratch, can some one tell me what are the cheap alternatives for above. Those alternative should have programming interfaces expose, so that i can integrate them.

Thanks in Advance

When did u land in India?

beginner_av

Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance
The first line seems very familiar. Read somewhere before (actually yesterday). So are you another dreamer or spoonfeeder? Look around, read some posts and google. ALL your answers are there.
What you want to do are in the realm of big boys and cost big money (unless you want to do a shoddy job for a college project).

If you want everything readymade pay some programmers who will write for you. But you have to use your brains and give the algorithms. Cost can be from 1500 - 25000. Funny that you want everything framework, data etc and in the last point - the algorithm too! Now you know why I called spoonfeeder!

Cheers.

Please dont spam this post. I am redefining what i am looking for
1) Name of broker or desktop package, that alow market access for sending orders to exchange thru programming interface
2) Market data provider, that provide programming interface so that i can integrate market data with my algorithm
3) Is there some cheap option already avaialble that do above things where i can plugin my algorithm in flexible way.
4) Similarly a way to backtest my algorithm, hence need historical data and a test bed.

Any how let me know if any one intersted in writing software in Java, that can meet above defined objectives.
Thanks

In India automated trading is not permitted but recently SEBI allowed direct market access. Till now i don't any broker who gives interfaces for automated trading.

Have a look at esignal, ninja trader, trade station etc. u can find more info about automated trading and system development.

Regards

devangan123

In India automated trading is not permitted but recently SEBI allowed direct market access. Till now i don't any broker who gives interfaces for automated trading.

Have a look at esignal, ninja trader, trade station etc. u can find more info about automated trading and system development.

Regards
Although its not permitted in India but it does not means people are not doing so , many good learners of Java have already cracked trading systems in Java one of the most likely choice of them is PIB and doing their automated trading , Only thing is they do not share their systems

devangan123

Please dont spam this post. I am redefining what i am looking for
1) Name of broker or desktop package, that alow market access for sending orders to exchange thru programming interface
2) Market data provider, that provide programming interface so that i can integrate market data with my algorithm
3) Is there some cheap option already avaialble that do above things where i can plugin my algorithm in flexible way.
4) Similarly a way to backtest my algorithm, hence need historical data and a test bed.

Any how let me know if any one intersted in writing software in Java, that can meet above defined objectives.
Thanks
I do not know answer of all above queries but if u ever able to get these things then i think u must be requiring a person to handle interface of that system , So i am that person to handle that interface , Just leave a message i will try my best to help you