Wish List

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
I think we may need to store data with split adjustment seperately without disturbing original one.The adjusted data could be further adjusted in future.I think same wouls alos apply for bonus.
this may be an avoidable duplication as most of the TA software already has that facility.

you may please think over, unless your program shall do the TA part also (at a later stage).

as far as charting part is concerned, treatment to split and bonus is the same.

further enlightening appreciated.

Last edited:
The foremost thing that comes to my mind is data gathering for the software.
We do have this now, thanks to satya.

I too am working on the same line, but I promise to keep it free :)

I get a lot in a different way from u pros...

The excel file to get data and feed it( by means of writing it to a flat file (csv file) is going good. Hope to put it back to the the place where it should belong as my humble contribution soon.

Guys plz help me be motivated. I am not asking for any money from your pocket.
The trade tracker was in my mind for a quite a long time, thanks to the person, sorry i have forgotten ur name, and dont want to dig it up, I have got it now. With your permission, I would like to incorporate it in CoolIntra plz.

Best Regards
Coool.

PS

Reading my post the second time. Looks like I am too high on alcohal. :(

murthymsr

cooltetra said:
I promise to keep it free :)
may god bless you

I get a lot in a different way from u pros...
The excel file to get data and feed it( by means of writing it to a flat file (csv file) is going good. Hope to put it back to the the place where it should belong as my humble contribution soon.
i am excited to read this.

Guys plz help me be motivated. I am not asking for any money from your pocket.
let us all try his sheet and record our observations. i feel he deserves it.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

Friends,

As someone who is not a day trader but relies on EOD data to plan trades, I find the idea of having the facility of intra-day realtime charts available very exciting. Even when working on other things during the day, at your job or business or whatever, it would be great to be able to open or close a position and to take advantage of having realtime data. So my wishlist is based on this:

1. The software should incorporate a web browser in it ... preferably Mozilla's Firefox (its free, i think).

2. The platforms for instantaeous trading offered by various online brokers are expensive but the web-based solutions are free to customers. The web-based programs are deficient in that they do not offer realtime feed with a charting program. So if our software can interface with these platforms (using the Firefox), one can get the advantage of a trader platform without paying heavily.

3. I recently came across a chart pattern recognition software at
http://mysite.verizon.net/resppzq7/ which is free, so maybe we can incorporate this by getting the permission of the author, Thomas N. Bulkowski. The website, too, is quite informative.

More wishes as soon as I think about them.

Cheers

Kuldeep ;)

Last edited:
How about giving choice to the user of selecting one's own data vendor, if necessary? Of course, data source selected by the programme writers can be made as default source. Can we give this leverage to the user? So that if the free data source is a little bit delayed and if the user/savvy trader wants up to the tick latest data, he can avail other source as well. That is why in my original suggestion I asked Traderji to explore the possibility of data distibution as well. Any how this can be considered later also. But do not forget it.

Just to make things easy.. lets categorize the wish list to

1) Basic Features
* Download quotes from yahoo, ..., ...
* Supported formats : csv, metaformat, ...
2) Analysis
* DMA

3) Forecasting

4) References:
and so on

Consolidating all these in a word document will be great.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Thank you vey much for all the efforts you have taken.

As I am a new member to this site, I just would like to find out the outcome of this thread like who are the members of the software developers, Can I become the member of the developers' team, can I download the software and if yes, from where?

Regards,
R. Shah