Windows 7 & ODin problem.

[/URL]

hi guys i am getting the following error "Invalid Parameter (Open Connection)"
It seems as though ODIN doesnot even try to connect and straight away gives the error.
i am using win7 home premium 64 bits. on core2duo machine with 2gb of ram.

thanks

[/URL]

hi guys i am getting the following error "Invalid Parameter (Open Connection)"
It seems as though ODIN doesnot even try to connect and straight away gives the error.
i am using win7 home premium 64 bits. on core2duo machine with 2gb of ram.

thanks
I have almost same.. home basic 64 bit.. my message is "Connection busy error (Check connection integrity)".
Basically some service/setup of 7 is preventing odin from connecting to the broadcast server/udp.. But when you telnet or ping from command line it works.. If i understand FT is working on this and a solution could be around the corner quite soon until then..have to wait.
But, vikas/naresh can help you coz they have found a work around altough for a different message.

I have almost same.. home basic 64 bit.. my message is "Connection busy error (Check connection integrity)".
Basically some service/setup of 7 is preventing odin from connecting to the broadcast server/udp.. But when you telnet or ping from command line it works.. If i understand FT is working on this and a solution could be around the corner quite soon until then..have to wait.
But, vikas/naresh can help you coz they have found a work around altough for a different message.
thanks could u tell me how to do the same?

thanks

Hi Guys,

I have similar kind of issue but my Odin shows "Logon Response Timeout (LogonToServer)".

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit OS
BSNL Broadband
Router: UTSTARCOM WA3002G4

But I'm able to ping Broadcast server, broking manager server and I have opened the ports 4014, 7777 and also 80 by default in windows firewall. Also the application is set to bypass windows firewall.

Also, I tried connecting when my broker server was down, then I received "Connection busy error (check connection integrity)" error. Logon response timeout occurs only when the server is up and running. So I guess application is able to communicate to the server without any issues but may be inbound packets are causing the problem. couldn't able to fix this.

I have contacted FT Technologies (India) Ltd but in-turn they asked me to check with HO (my broker office) to troubleshoot the issue. and the Technical person from my broker office dint even tried to look into the issue instead he asked me to change the OS.. when he saw my OS was windows 7 all that he said is "Odin will not work on windows 7 and we had 7 customers who faced this issue and only for 1 out of 7 Odin worked. rest changed the OS to Win XP.." I wonder how it worked for one guy (lucky though)...

Pls guide me through...

Regards,
Dom

Last edited:
Hi

I am facing a problem with ODIN DIET 9.1.0.5, my broker is Swastika Finance, when I changed my OS from Vista to Windows 7, I'm not able to login, everytime I get an error "System Error(10055) (setsockopt)".

Iam getting this message only when I use My Reliance NETCONNECT BROADBAND+

On LAN connection there is no problem.

It'll be glad if anyone helps me out.

DOMBAX check
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...t/thread/ddbe30c8-f4c6-4b8f-ac91-85aa07191ea3

another way round to try :-
if you are using router with USB cable switch to ethernet cable, it will work with BSNL, but usd data cards would not work until you install compatibility mode.
Hi Netman,

I do not face socket error issue and I have followed-up the link you have provided but in vain. Also, I use Ethernet and not usb. Hence I do not know what exactly causing this problem. Anyways thank you for trying to sort it out for me.

Regards,
Dom

findvikas

Hey... anyone still facing this problem.. if so then please PM me your email address and I might have a MICROSOFT INTERNAL ONLY fix that I would like to verify with you. I was able to talk to some folks here at MS and got this fix. It's still not out publicly and I would like to test it with someone who is still facing this issue.

Please PM me and if this fix works then I will tell you how you can get it directly by calling Microsoft Customer Support.