Wicked thought / strategy

Reggie

Assuming XYZ is day trader or trading futures, and is loosing money consistently over a long period of time. For sake of argument say, if he were to trade in the opposite direction of his strategy, i.e Sell when the strategy calls for a buy and vice-versa, would he make money?

My own thoughts : No, mostly due to psychological issues and inability to pull the trigger.

Any thoughts?

spiritunit

Assuming XYZ is day trader or trading futures, and is loosing money consistently over a long period of time. For sake of argument say, if he were to trade in the opposite direction of his strategy, i.e Sell when the strategy calls for a buy and vice-versa, would he make money?

My own thoughts : No, mostly due to psychological issues and inability to pull the trigger.

Any thoughts?
Loosing money in the market is part of game, but loosing consistently is some problem with your strategy, you have to changeover your methods and try to found some better strategies to make profits most of the time!

Do not trade with your own (or others) predictions, we have to go along with the market. We can't change or control the market directions, but we can fix our entry and exit of the market. That's the way you have to trade to make consistent profits!

People loosing money, mainly because they're on the opposite direction of market or not willing to close their positions when its in small losses!

rkkarnani

Any thoughts?
Agree to your thoughts to a large extent!! The lack of "Pull the trigger" trait in a trader who trades a strategy is largely the reason behind losses. I believe that any one who trades on the basis of a startegy always tests it on Paper before hand and on finding it profitable goes for actual trade. There were no actual Risks or slippages in Paper trades now he faces them and wavers in his discipline to trade it strictly as per Set Rules!