Why Share Knowledge ???

I hope the idea given below is the prime reason for me to share knowledge in form of articles & posts.

"It is impossible to imagine a contemporary American who has demonstrated anything remotely resembling the breadth of interests of Benjamin Franklin. He was a central participant in the drafting of both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, and a signer of both. He not only established a fire company and an insurance company, but a library, an academy and college, a hospital, and a learned society, all the while running a successful printing business at which he made his living.

Like many entrepreneurs, Franklin was also an inventor, creating among other devices the lightning rod and the Franklin stove. He made no attempt to patent the lightning rod for his own profit, and declined the offer by the Governor of the Commonwealth for a patent on his Franklin stove. That "Pennsylvania fireplace" that he invented in 1744 to economize on fuel and improve the efficiency of home heating was designed to benefit the public at large. For Franklin believed that, "knowledge was not the personal property of its discoverer, but the common property of all. As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others," he wrote, "we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously."

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
"Sharing Knowledge Not Creating"

Dear nkPanjiyar,
Thanks from the core of my heart,for ur philosophy of sharing knowledge.I think its high time now that everybody come out of their shells and make a path for the yonger ones under their suvillence.The process has already started,and ur bold attitude needs to be saluted.
Regards
joy_mitali

sh50

The linux operating system is a case in point. I even read somewhere that the person who really started the internet willingly tried to share though he is nowhere in the limelight. Knowledge begets knowledge because you never know in what form it is lying with the other person and what value addition he does to it. We are also unique that we have platforms such as these unlike our ancestors.

However one should not also make a virtue out ot it and say that there should be no commerical consideration in certain issues.

Speaking of Linux and Open source, there is an opensource charting software called Market Analysis System
http://eiffel-mas.sourceforge.net/

I tried to use it once but something crashed and then have'nt looked at it since. Probably I should post this message on the Software forum.

Thanks
Nihar

nihar15 said:
Speaking of Linux and Open source, there is an opensource charting software called Market Analysis System
http://eiffel-mas.sourceforge.net/

I tried to use it once but something crashed and then have'nt looked at it since. Probably I should post this message on the Software forum.

Thanks
Nihar

For all interested, this sofware was last updated on 2004-07-28,
has a number of outstanding bugs.

Regards,
pu8likk