Why non elss ?

Why invest in NON Elss funds equities. How do you make a good profit out of them ? They are taxed and don't seem to beat inflation.
I am new to MFs and don't have a finance background , so would be great if someone could through some light on this. :)

Hi Arian29

It’s all depends on your needs and the performance of ELSS & Non ElSS fund. Moreover why you want to opt for non ELSS fund. I would advise you to opt for tax saving mutual fund i.e. ELSS (Equity Link Saving Scheme)

Previously I was also confused which option is best to opt, I googled to find out appropriate solutions for my confusion but google does not work for me.

Why invest in NON Elss funds equities. How do you make a good profit out of them ? They are taxed and don't seem to beat inflation.
I am new to MFs and don't have a finance background , so would be great if someone could through some light on this. :)
Capital gains on equity shares,ELSS fund and equity mutual fund (non ELSS) are exumpt from taxes if the asset was held for 1 year ,though ELSS funds have a lock in of 3 years.

Smart_trade