why no custom formula for ODIN or ODIN DIET??

hello members.....

mostly everyone here has a trading account and many also get the DIET ODIN for placing orders....

ODIN has the capabilities as to all EOD, intraday 1 min to 60min TF... and the most reliable feed for a common person....

inspite of this easy access to DATA/charts and having ability to add indicators to the charts (there are standard indicators included in ODIN) and the ability to add\make custom indicator... why no one ever tries to make code as simple as EMA to as advance as nirvana which can work in ODIN or ODIN DIET....???

i hope moderators can give some insight in this matter....

wow.... it is amusing to see that there are so many high end developers and experts in coding and charting yet no one interested in this topic or no one has an answer??

:)

fxgood

Odin and diet odin is closed source software as users we can't implement changes in them at source code level to bring required modifications as you needed.

Odin and diet odin is closed source software as users we can't implement changes in them at source code level to bring required modifications as you needed.
i understand what u said but if the software has incorporated indicator builder then that means the developers must have kept in mind abt customization by end users.... on the same lines the language to write the code must also been kept C++ or visual basics as these 2 are popular among coders.. have anyone given a try to make custom indicator on ODIN??

yusi

Do not know about others; but for me this custom indicator option is disabled. It requires activation of "advanced charting" for which my broker wants a minimum Rs 1000 brokerage guarantee per month :console:

But the best guess is that language is vector based, for example,
Code:
SET MACDSIG = MACDSignal(13, 26, 9, SIMPLE)
SET MACDCOND = MACD(13, 26, 9, SIMPLE)

SET BUY_1 = MACDCOND > MACDSIG AND REF(MACDCOND, 1) > REF(MACDSIG, 1)
SET BUY_2 = CLOSE > REF(CLOSE, 1) AND REF(CLOSE, 1) > REF(CLOSE, 2) AND REF(CLOSE, 2) > REF(CLOSE, 3)

Do not know about others; but for me this custom indicator option is disabled. It requires activation of "advanced charting" for which my broker wants a minimum Rs 1000 brokerage guarantee per month :console:

But the best guess is that language is vector based, for example,
Code:
SET MACDSIG = MACDSignal(13, 26, 9, SIMPLE)
SET MACDCOND = MACD(13, 26, 9, SIMPLE)

SET BUY_1 = MACDCOND > MACDSIG AND REF(MACDCOND, 1) > REF(MACDSIG, 1)
SET BUY_2 = CLOSE > REF(CLOSE, 1) AND REF(CLOSE, 1) > REF(CLOSE, 2) AND REF(CLOSE, 2) > REF(CLOSE, 3)
i am using angel odin diet and the option to custom indi is activated... i will give this code a try and post the result...

thank you..

i am using angel odin diet and the option to custom indi is activated... i will give this code a try and post the result...

thank you..
this is the only code that passed the in-built syntex tester.... but it is still unclear how to attach the indi to the chart... will keep posted..!!

this is the only code that passed the in-built syntex tester.... but it is still unclear how to attach the indi to the chart... will keep posted..!!
It seems that there is some predefined library of idicators and only those indi that are in the library can be applied to charts... Still trying to search the so called library... Anyone with advance knowledge of working with odin may be able point the right way...!!