Why no brokers provide real-time paper trading? [Ethical question]

I don't see any Indian brokers provide paper trading platform even for a fee.

Let me know if there is any real time paper trading service in India. I know interactive brokers provide but they are not for your average retail trader.

Looks like retail traders are purposefully kept in ignorance so that brokers and professionals can feed on them. Sure a retail trader should take 100% responsibility and not blame others for his losses.
At the same time there is no place for him to evaluate his level of ignorance and a place to practice his skills.

I have seen trading view has paper trading options but they are blocked purposefully in Fyers web platform.

If retail traders are given a paper trading account it would have helped immensely instead of varsity and other educational b**s** which I see as self promotion to lure in more half knowledged suckers who will eventually leave after feeding brokers and big money.

Had those suckers given a chance to get the real trading experience with paper trading... They might not lose so much of their hard earned money and experience so much pain... But who cares that would be a bad business strategy for brokers right?

Blocking the real practice trading services and luring them into trading and finally putting 100% responsibility on the sucker for losing money losing sleep losing career losing relationships... Whom should we blame here!

It's like big estate owners denying education to their employees and their family so that they can't escape the minimum wage slavery and the estate gets study stream of cheap employees to feed on!

I don't see any Indian brokers provide paper trading platform even for a fee.

Let me know if there is any real time paper trading service in India. I know interactive brokers provide but they are not for your average retail trader.

Looks like retail traders are purposefully kept in ignorance so that brokers and professionals can feed on them. Sure a retail trader should take 100% responsibility and not blame others for his losses.
At the same time there is no place for him to evaluate his level of ignorance and a place to practice his skills.

I have seen trading view has paper trading options but they are blocked purposefully in Fyers web platform.

If retail traders are given a paper trading account it would have helped immensely instead of varsity and other educational b**s** which I see as self promotion to lure in more half knowledged suckers who will eventually leave after feeding brokers and big money.

Had those suckers given a chance to get the real trading experience with paper trading... They might not lose so much of their hard earned money and experience so much pain... But who cares that would be a bad business strategy for brokers right?

Blocking the real practice trading services and luring them into trading and finally putting 100% responsibility on the sucker for losing money losing sleep losing career losing relationships... Whom should we blame here!

It's like big estate owners denying education to their employees and their family so that they can't escape the minimum wage slavery and the estate gets study stream of cheap employees to feed on!
first learn to use only Good words .. then only lakshmi ( money will come )

second there are lot of site offering free real time paper trade . i did 10 years ago .. why not now .. google it and find out.
third dont dream and decide by yourself. always find out the truth. google is the best source available. what ever u think like retailers are purposely made to fail and all stories .. go and search and find out.

Last edited:
As you know already use trading view for paper trading equity and sensibull for options. Brokers are here to generate brokerage with limited resources not here for social causes or to educate newbies. There are enough resources available on internet which are free to become successful.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi @GoatTrader,
  1. Are you willing to pay for a paper trading platform? I hope you know that it takes time and resources to build one and it needs to be sustainable on its own. It's akin to running a real trading platform. Most people will not pay for it and thus it is not financially lucrative for brokers.

2. Paper trading requires real-time feeds. But brokers cannot provide real-time feeds to non-clients for longer than a trial period. Hence, they require to spend money on acquiring the Data Vendor license and whatnot.

3. It's not like brokers can simply build/provide a platform and then forget about it. There will be critical feedback, bugs, and updates which will require dedicated resources. This is do-able but only if there is enough demand. Otherwise, it's drifting away from the brokerage business itself.
It's very easy to diss the efforts of brokers who are genuinely trying to educate people in the most cost-efficient manner. However, it isn't so easy to burn the midnight oil to help people get a better understanding of the markets.

Hi @Tejas Khoday

First my appreciations for taking time to objectively read my post!

a) Only if there is enough demand someone can provide paper-trading service.
b) Only if there is a supply of such services present our suckers can apply and show the existence of demand!
At Least our sucker will have a choice to test his 'talent' before losing his money. It's not hard for
an average sucker to see that his monthly average loss will be far more than monthly paper-trading fee!
c) BUT a trading-company is always better off by not providing paper trading and focusing on main business! It's not hard for the trading-company to see it's profit will be several fold higher than providing a paper-trading service for peanuts!

Now if we repeat steps a,b and c, several times in trading sphere, it reduces to our current setup!:eek:

It's a system deadlock, this deadlock can't be broken within the system, as the entities survival depends
on maintaining this deadlock!

----
Deadlock is engineering term, where two processes wait on each other but can't proceed further.
Eg: you ask for a tea and chai-walla asks 10Rs/- , you insist first deliver tea and then you will give 10Rs/-
chai-walla insist first give 10Rs/- only then I will deliver tea. Both starve no business happens!