why lines r appearing on charts

sr114

sanjn

Anyways, Do you have any good source for F&O data that I can merge into Ami. I am able to get most of my stock data from my broker and backfill as needed from Google. Futures (and some indices) I am unable to back-fill from anywhere.
MM007

what u need? pls can u elaborate a little bit more

i maintain a very good ami database - so i may be of some help

rgds
subroto

Last edited:

mastermind007

MM007

what u need? pls can u elaborate a little bit more

i maintain a very good ami database - so i may be of some help

rgds
subroto
I basically have Intraday data from Jan 2013 for approx of 210 tickers that include 175 scrips from NSE, 55 F1 Futures and some indices. I am guessing that you'd be maintaining the same. May I know start and end dates and tick intervals in your version.

For NSE Scrips, I've managed to create a software that downloads IEOD data from Google so I have two avenues to fill that. either from terminal or from Google.
For futures, I do not have any back fill source. I do manage to get future data from my charting terminal. Usually, there are some interruptions daily.
Yesterday, I got data for only 20 minutes. Today, I managed to get data from 9:15 to 14:20 and then from 14:27 to 15:28. SK does offer manual process to back fill but that is too cumbersome!!!

mastermind007

Hi Sanjnn

I forgot!!!

If your problem is only a single scrip, you can download data from NSE site itself. Look for word Archive or Historical Data. You can download EOD data for approx 12 years but only one year per attempt. Next attempt can be after 30 seconds delay.

So you can finish whole thing in about 20 minutes max.

If you are seeing manhattan towers in lot of scrips, you will have to download bhavcopy archives for all scrips. This will be in one file per day for all trades scrips as of that day, so to get a year, you will have approx 250 downloads.

sr114

I basically have Intraday data from Jan 2013 for approx of 210 tickers that include 175 scrips from NSE, 55 F1 Futures and some indices. I am guessing that you'd be maintaining the same. May I know start and end dates and tick intervals in your version.

For NSE Scrips, I've managed to create a software that downloads IEOD data from Google so I have two avenues to fill that. either from terminal or from Google.
For futures, I do not have any back fill source. I do manage to get future data from my charting terminal. Usually, there are some interruptions daily.
Yesterday, I got data for only 20 minutes. Today, I managed to get data from 9:15 to 14:20 and then from 14:27 to 15:28. SK does offer manual process to back fill but that is too cumbersome!!!
MM007

for nse eod - i have the db from the inception - all adjusted

for fno - all near months scrips and 3 series for nf and bnf

mcx - all commodities

downloader - use Subha Laabh for the nse cash, index and nsel

nse eod data downloader - for futures and currencies

for intraday - i take the data in tick format - but i do not keep the backup - as i track a few scrips - max 8 - so not necessary and also to keep my db size low

i take the intraday data from my terminal in tick format with 1 sec lag

rgds
subroto

mastermind007

MM007

for nse eod - i have the db from the inception - all adjusted

for fno - all near months scrips and 3 series for nf and bnf

mcx - all commodities

downloader - use Subha Laabh for the nse cash, index and nsel

nse eod data downloader - for futures and currencies

for intraday - i take the data in tick format - but i do not keep the backup - as i track a few scrips - max 8 - so not necessary and also to keep my db size low

i take the intraday data from my terminal in tick format with 1 sec lag

rgds
subroto
I do not trade in MCX at all.

Baring handful of scrip and few data glitches prior to 2000!, I also have NSE EOD data from inception for Cash and F&O. I've stored it in Metastock format.

In what format, do you have F&O data. How do you update it? I've experimented with few others including a paid one called StockUpdater.

although off late, I too use the Shubh Labha software for NSE, NSEFO and BSE or manually go to exchange site for data.

I also trade in 5-8 on any given day but which of the 5 will be traded keeps changing, so I need to keep data for all 140 odd scrips otherwise my explorer will not work. Max timespan in Intraday I am thinking is a year if it is 1 minute or 6 months if it is tick. If I get data from my broker, it is approx 1 tick every 3 seconds. If i get it from Google, it is 1 min.

mastermind007