Why it takes a long time to connect some sites?

saivenkat

Some times when i try to log on to sites like FOREXFACTORY.COM,and many other like this..i see in the bottom corner of my pc.."WAITING FOR S7.addthis.com and my pc tries to connect for ever, never connects it.

I use firefox version 3.6, and i have norton internet security pack. So no problems for virus attacking my pc. My Java is also updated.

I tried to find solution by google searching.. 'Waiting for s7.addthis.com" . I could see a lot of persons describing the same complaint like me, but no solutions i could gather from google search.:(

Any one here facing same problem like me. Any solutions?

Thanks and regards
Saivenkat

SwingKing

Some times when i try to log on to sites like FOREXFACTORY.COM,and many other like this..i see in the bottom corner of my pc.."WAITING FOR S7.addthis.com and my pc tries to connect for ever, never connects it.

I use firefox version 3.6, and i have norton internet security pack. So no problems for virus attacking my pc. My Java is also updated.

I tried to find solution by google searching.. 'Waiting for s7.addthis.com" . I could see a lot of persons describing the same complaint like me, but no solutions i could gather from google search.:(

Any one here facing same problem like me. Any solutions?

Thanks and regards
Saivenkat
Sai,

This is a very famous malware. It does not harm your computer but kind of monitors your browsing patterns for advertisement related benefits. Its basically a data collection system. Nothing serious but stay away from such sites. There are many sites which at times do this. Norton Isec won't block it explicitly. You will have to include this in the block list.

Tc

whyLately

Since you are using Mozilla, have you tried the Adblock Plus addin. Have used it for many months now without issues and lots of benefit including faster page load times.

Specific to addthis.com, please see this forum page, it may help with ADP.

As an aside, the reason I went looking for a solution in the first place was that in TJ, the Quick Links drop down sometimes used to show below the ads (probably only when they were Flash ads).

crown

Sai,

This is a very famous malware. It does not harm your computer but kind of monitors your browsing patterns for advertisement related benefits. Its basically a data collection system. Nothing serious but stay away from such sites. There are many sites which at times do this. Norton Isec won't block it explicitly. You will have to include this in the block list.

Tc
Thanks Raunak Sir

saivenkat

Sai,

Tc
Raunak bhai, thanks for the valuable suggestion.

After reading this i tried to install "No-script" add-on of firefox, along with Adblock addon. To some extent its controlled i feel.

I feel there is nothing wrong in the site " forexfactory", but then these bloody malwares creep in when downloaded something from these servers.

Thanks a lot for taking time in responding to my query

Saivenkat

saivenkat

Since you are using Mozilla, have you tried the Adblock Plus addin. Have used it for many months now without issues and lots of benefit including faster page load times.

Specific to addthis.com, please see this forum page, it may help with ADP.

As an aside, the reason I went looking for a solution in the first place was that in TJ, the Quick Links drop down sometimes used to show below the ads (probably only when they were Flash ads).
Already i added Adblock plus add-on, along with it i have installed "no-script" addon, some what effective.

Thanks for giving valuable piece of inputs. Every input adds to my knowledge.

Regards
Saivenkat