Why is this section ignored??

oxusmorouz

amazing!! This is the 1st time I'm peeking into this section which contains threads with prehistorical posts. Does no one believe in fundamentals or is no one competent to do fundamental analysis of stocks? Even in the threads that were already present, they stressed on the usual ratio analysis and historical CAGR in sales,profits etc ....
The technical analysis section is jam packed with discussion ranging from systems trading to panch tattva vedic astrology while discussions on FA remain largely ignored?
Isn't traderji lacking something?

amazing!! This is the 1st time I'm peeking into this section which contains threads with prehistorical posts. Does no one believe in fundamentals or is no one competent to do fundamental analysis of stocks? Even in the threads that were already present, they stressed on the usual ratio analysis and historical CAGR in sales,profits etc ....
The technical analysis section is jam packed with discussion ranging from systems trading to panch tattva vedic astrology while discussions on FA remain largely ignored?
I agree with you.

We should not ignore the very fact that Charts simply don't make up without proper fundamentals.

I used to buy blind Technical Investment Stocks. When I stopped a step and started to run a very basic fundamentals check, It started to pay me.

Anyways, since I am not an expert fundamental analyst. I would request seniour members to throw some light on the methodologies and rules behind the same

Regards

Max

oxusmorouz

I agree with you.

We should not ignore the very fact that Charts simply don't make up without proper fundamentals.

I used to buy blind Technical Investment Stocks. When I stopped a step and started to run a very basic fundamentals check, It started to pay me.

Anyways, since I am not an expert fundamental analyst. I would request seniour members to throw some light on the methodologies and rules behind the same

Regards

Max
FA might not be of any use to day traders but while trading daily charts(stocks, not futures),I realized that the rupee risked per trade remains the same for both large caps and small caps but the potential returns ,I guess, was more in small caps (with a viable future...not hit and run companies) because returns on large caps are highly correlated with the returns in the nifty/sensex.
To my shock, I found literally no quality information here on fundamental analysis and the information present was pegged to the traditional pe analysis and ratios!

Hi,

I think I tried posting things here some time back but they were ignored.

Reasons have already been mentioned. Mostly people have short term horizon and most fundamental calls have long gestation period.

Anyways if there are people keen on sharing things on fundamental basis, lets raise hands ...

Regards,
http://pseudosocial.blogspot.com

oxusmorouz

Hi,

I think I tried posting things here some time back but they were ignored.

Reasons have already been mentioned. Mostly people have short term horizon and most fundamental calls have long gestation period.

Anyways if there are people keen on sharing things on fundamental basis, lets raise hands ...

Regards,
http://pseudosocial.blogspot.com
I have nothing to share because I know nothing on fundamentals (nor do I know much on technicals) but I was reading an article today about the 2 types of traders who make the market function : The news readers (fundamental analysts) and momentum traders (technical analysts). Before price action begins in a particular direction, more often than not, there is fundamentally good news associated with it. The problem as stated in the article is that the newsreaders don't look at the price to enter/exit and momentum traders don't care about the news and worship price. This leads to a significant arbitrage oppurtunity in stock valuation...which I feel can be capitalized with a mixture of both!

Anyway, "I" (have raised my hand)

The fundamental analysis is assessing what "Market Should Do" while TA is assessing "What market is doing". For small players who want to make a living from markets, it's anybody's guess as to which approach will work.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

oxusmorouz

The fundamental analysis is assessing what "Market Should Do" while TA is assessing "What market is doing". For small players who want to make a living from markets, it's anybody's guess as to which approach will work.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
I'm not debating on which method is superior,Ashish...just surprised by how one method can be ignored completely! Surely, there must be boarders who thrive in FA for their living! Why is there no post on techniques adopted?

U

uasish

Oxy,
FA is all Big tkt investors never ignore,rather they blend Long Term TA with FA for Entry.As in many case our time frame is ultra short ,hence we can ignore FA for the time being,but that does not mean if i get a buy signal in
Nifty 200 & a (very good Fundamentally ) small cap i will simply ignore the later.We try to limit ourselves in Nifty or Fut listed stocks ,just as in the back of our mind we know these are Fundamentally good companies.More over we are Traders not investors.

Asish