Why do people still use this software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This program feels like something a teenager wrote up in 5 minutes in his spare time. But when Python and other languages offer vastly superior tools to backtest and trade, why use a hack job like Amibroker? I don't like to be so negative, but when a product costs 500$ it should have at least the guise of professionalism. I really expected more than amateur hour.

This program feels like something a teenager wrote up in 5 minutes in his spare time. But when Python and other languages offer vastly superior tools to backtest and trade, why use a hack job like Amibroker? I don't like to be so negative, but when a product costs 500$ it should have at least the guise of professionalism. I really expected more than amateur hour.
if you feel so, then you may take 6 mins or say 10 /20 /30 mins out of your spare time (dont say that you dont have this much of spare time) and provide us such a program (even with some less features) at 10$ or we wont object, if you provide us such a crap for free. :DD

if you feel so, then you may take 6 mins or say 10 /20 /30 mins out of your spare time (dont say that you dont have this much of spare time) and provide us such a program (even with some less features) at 10$ or we wont object, if you provide us such a crap for free. :DD
Respect the skill set of other developer, Amibroker is amazing.

If u r using python. Pls share some screen shot.

To develop software needs to spend lot of months and years.

When i visited Amibroker few years back, was very much impressed by the UI. It is useful for non-techy traders.

But the trend these days, is of quant traders / tech setup.. and even web technologies in trading space. So it is difficult to digest the popularity of Amibroker.

to each his own.. as long as you make money, doesnt matter u use Amibroker or TradingView or even some magic..

mastermind007

ardvark, I challenge you to create a software like Amibroker in a time period you are comfortable with; in a language you are comfortable with; & using the team you are comfortable with. If you do, I will buy it at same price that Amibroker happens to be is retailing at that point in time...

tradernifybull merely suggested it in his post # 4. But I am challenging you.... Now man up and prove what you say

Disclaimer: I do not personally know Tomasz and I do not have commercial stake in amibroker as a software product. I am a trader/programmer who is user of his software and genuinely like what Tomasz has done ...

mastermind007

This software is meant for noobs like me....
May be Python... etc are superior then Ami
but what if somebody dont know these languages....
I love UI of amibroker and will continue my love for it... :)
ajeetsingh. Please don't call yourself a noob over some comments from idiotic person who is yet to prove himself....

Amibroker officially retails for approx 400$ one time cost whereas QuantInsti sell only a training course for approx 1900$. Python is free but its most popular versions are command line based.

mastermind007

When i visited Amibroker few years back, was very much impressed by the UI. It is useful for non-techy traders.

But the trend these days, is of quant traders / tech setup.. and even web technologies in trading space. So it is difficult to digest the popularity of Amibroker.

to each his own.. as long as you make money, doesnt matter u use Amibroker or TradingView or even some magic..
I am techie trader and I am very comfortable with UNIX command line that happens to be centre-piece of python world. I even use amibroker command line to manage multiple databases....

I have used RDBMS and BigData and feel that Tomasz made a smart decision by deploying a simple encryption to store quotes data in Amibroker instead of using more complex RDBMS product underneath.

The word "trend these days of quant traders" is merely a cliche to hide human errors by blaming software tools.

CougarTrader

@mastermind007,

Please do not get bothered or entangled here (no sarcasm or pun intended - just man to man - simple).

The guy ardvark who started this thread, that was his first and last post in Traderji, and the tenacity presented can be easily deemed foolish inexperience. Moreover, it appears to me that he was trying to run a false propaganda to dim-in AmiBroker's reputation.

Then the guy OneThatGotAway who is a thief has been already banned from this forum.

AmiBroker is best and it will remain so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.