Why day trading is over hyped?

bashasm

Why day trading is overhyped?

Below are my observations

- If you search for trading, most of the videos on the internet are related to Day trading
- One reason might be due to high leverage
- Quick money

I don't see more videos/information on swing trading
Experts can share their views

Why day trading is overhyped?

Below are my observations

- If you search for trading, most of the videos on the internet are related to Day trading
- One reason might be due to high leverage
- Quick money

I don't see more videos/information on swing trading
Experts can share their views
Most traders come to the market with very small capital and they think that daytrading is their gateway to riches.They here stories about someone making money in daytrading but daytrading like any other form of trading has risks and a trader needs good risk control to survive in daytrading.For every successful daytrader there are 10 who have failed in daytrading. Most cannot sustain string of losing trades and soon they start looking for a new system, new guru,new markets...lack of capital ,lack of rigorous testing, lack of sound system logic makes daytrading look easy and attractive but it is equally difficult for most traders.

Most videos relate to daytrading because they are in the business of selling dreams.Most of them will be on preadjusted period and they will fail in any other test period....

Day trading is overhyped because everyone wants to be rich in double quick time....If you tell someone that on small capital he will need 5 -7years or even more to make a Crore , he will think 5 years ??? I cannot wait for 5 years...I want it in 6 months....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

MSN1979

Most traders come to the market with very small capital and they think that daytrading is their gateway to riches.They here stories about someone making money in daytrading but daytrading like any other form of trading has risks and a trader needs good risk control to survive in daytrading.For every successful daytrader there are 10 who have failed in daytrading. Most cannot sustain string of losing trades and soon they start looking for a new system, new guru,new markets...lack of capital ,lack of rigorous testing, lack of sound system logic makes daytrading look easy and attractive but it is equally difficult for most traders.

Most videos relate to daytrading because they are in the business of selling dreams.Most of them will be on preadjusted period and they will fail in any other test period....

Day trading is overhyped because everyone wants to be rich in double quick time....If you tell someone that on small capital he will need 5 -7years or even more to make a Crore , he will think 5 years ??? I cannot wait for 5 years...I want it in 6 months....

Smart_trade

So true. I am a live example. What ever you said is 100% true for me.

Although I have made peace with inner self, but the journey has been rather difficult. The problem in not with the guru or the chela, problem is you are fighting with your own self to find a system that suits your personality for day trading. Unless you find the peace with the method you are comfortable with, it would be hard for you to be successful.

My 2 cents.
Have you heard of a part time doctor or a part time Architect or a part time lawyer or even a part time police personnel.
Then why do you talk of being a part time trader and think of making it big.
Trading is a profession (and a full time one at that) and should be treated as such.
Just like a surgeon who after his graduation becomes better at surgeries with time after doing more and more surgeries so would a full time trader bloom with more and more experience.
No half measures in anything will make you excel.
Think about it.
Trading is not a pass time. it is a full time career with equal opportunities to all.

The biggest plus point of trading as a carreer (which it has shown during lockdown) is that it sets you free and you need little overheads and can work from where ever.

There is no business as trading business.

I among my friends and familiy am the only one not impacted by this lockdown professionaly as i am a full time trader and am loving it. I am a daytrader only as whatever dreams (even though there were not very big) i would have had of being an investor just went up in smoke with this 2 month meltdown taking away people's last 10 years to 20 years savings in stocks.

So i just live for the day and keep my winnings in the bank or in Precious metals.

And because of my trading i still have a routine to follow in these times of lockdown. Which is a big plus plus.

It's same as asking "Why is cricket over-hyped in India?". Well, because if you can make it to the top 11-it's a mighty lucrative career. However, the odds are against you. For each successful trader there are thousands of those who had blown up their accounts.