Who will win trade war battle China or US ?

Who will win trade war battle China or US ?

• China

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • US

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

cinderblock

Probably no one. They both need to come out of this thinking they have won.

The trade deficit is not China's fault. If Americans demand more goods at cheaper prices than they can produce America has to import those goods from somewhere. If they keep demanding, importing and spending (beyond their means) they need more debt to buy those goods.

Yes IP theft is China's fault and therefore needs another plan to address it.

If pushed into a corner with tariff on all imports, China will resort to offloading $1.2trn worth of Treasuries sending US bond yields skyrocketing. China is after all US's biggest creditor.

China won't remain unscathed but Trump cannot be President for more than his term (or 2). Xi is President for life. Xi does not have to worry about public backlash (not yet). Americans can vote Trump out of office.

Last edited:
Noone will either win or loose. It's difficult even to think of it. The leaders of these countries need to put all these ideas aside and solve political issues in a peaceful way.

I believe China will win the trading war. America needs someone to make their goods at a cheaper rate. The Trump administration will eventually bow to the economic pressure and to China. They will have to do something otherwise their economy will take a major hit.

RDutt

The Statement is hypothetical. Considering the current socioeconomic conditions of both countries, no one can afford to go for War. Though in order to prove supremacy over each other, push & pull with carrot and stick may continue.

I believe China will win. There is a lot of pressure on Donald Trump with his policies and all the personal issues. I think that Donald Trump will not complete his term. He needs to stay away from the limelight a bit and focus on his relations with the other countries. Otherwise, United States foreign policy will be deeply hurt.

mastermind007

If US does not win trade war in fair terms, it could very well drop few missiles on China.