who uses Aptistock

Anyone here uses Aptistock...?

I need the historical EOD data atleast 1-2yrs I use Aptistock and it is really cool software.

if someone has it kindly let me know, There are many threads here which gives the EOD but it is mainly for Metastock etc........Since i dont have them or know how to convert it if someone knows please share.

I also have a website registered, but i do not use it for much purpose, if someone needs space/bandwidth lemme know ofcourse for legit purposes only.

murthymsr

Re: who uses Aptistock/

Hi meso,
I am not using Aptistock, but am interested in finding out if it is useful for me. Please provide the data format sample, i.e., the EOD data format required as given in the help file, with all relevant details from the help file. I will check up if i can help in data convertion.

murthymsr

l

Here is the data format

Date Open High Low Close Volume Adj.Close*
01/09/06 190.3 192.45 188.6 189.4 407937 189.4
01/06/06 187.5 193.35 187.1 188.65 652710 188.65
01/05/06 192.4 193.4 186.25 187.1 757048 187.1
01/03/06 195.9 196.5 191 193.25 725638 193.25
01/02/06 191.95 200.95 191.8 194.95 1916139 194.95
12/30/05 195.05 196.85 190 191.25 1306321 191.25

Also if u need to use PHP/webservice letme know.

thanks

Hi,
I'm using AptiStock and Data Extractor combined. Data extractor takes care to get EOD data for the entire NSE listed stocks from 1994. Search for data extractor in the forum.

--
anbu
meso129 said:
Anyone here uses Aptistock...?

I need the historical EOD data atleast 1-2yrs I use Aptistock and it is really cool software.

if someone has it kindly let me know, There are many threads here which gives the EOD but it is mainly for Metastock etc........Since i dont have them or know how to convert it if someone knows please share.

I also have a website registered, but i do not use it for much purpose, if someone needs space/bandwidth lemme know ofcourse for legit purposes only.

murthymsr

Re: who uses Aptistock/

Thanks for the info meso129, joy_mitali.
Aptistock System requirements: Windows 2000/XP as per their website.
My OS Win98, so may not be useful to me. :confused:

Data for aptistock can be obtained from the EOD resource indicated at Aptistock website:
Yahoo BSE-NSE Group : A Yahoo group that provides Free End of Day Data for Bombay Stock Exchange {BSE},
National Stock Exchange {NSE}, Futures Data for F&O Segment of National Stock Exchange and
Commodities Data for NCDEX & MCX.

http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/bse-nse2005/

Alternatively, you can download and generate your own data by using the
1) DataExtractor by srisara and
2) Data Converter by joy_mitali
both appering in the Software section of this forum

murthymsr

Thanks for the information, If someone can actually post that info on how to extract and convert to aptistock format that will be great...

Btw i was trying to get historical EOD from NSE and modifying the same for use on Aptistock , I was trying to play around using PHP (since i have a php enabled site and i really don't use it that much ) but it turned out that in order to download the csv file directly from NSE site one needs to run the Historical data on their site @(#*)@(

Does anyone have access to NSE trade API which can be used for getting realtime/historical data.

Thx

Hi meso,

I am using Aptistock for sometime now and can provide u the data for the last few years. Alternatively u can visit the following site to get not only the daily data but also the historical data for both NSE and BSE (though BSE is available only from 1st june '05).

http://trader.e2uhosting.net/index.php

On right side u see a panel. Click Daily Bhav Copy under NSE and u can get the daily data (though the default format is Metasock, it works equally well for Aptistock, may not work for Metastock may be ;) ). Anyway of late there seem to be one problem with the file format which does not let u extract the data for Aptistock. I have found a solution to go around the problem. After u download the data open it in Notepad only (as it is in CSV it will open with MS Excel by default) and delete only the first character in the file (remember only the first character) and save the file. U can then use the data with Aptistock.

As for BSE data is concerned Click code for downloading data in BSE Code format or Click Scrip Id for downloading data in Script Name. Though I have tried to use the BSE data for the last few days only, I am facing a major problem and have not been able to get around the same. As I try to upload the data in Aptistock, it goes well till halfway and then gets terminated by Aptistock itself. Therefore only the first "n" scripts of BSE are getting updated for me. Don't know whom to contact Aptistock or Amish (the webmaster of the above mentioned site) so still in lurch. See, if u can work out a solution and then do let me know.

Since u will explore the other links urself I am not getting into details.

Regards,
Sanjoy

Sanjoy,

Thanks for the information, If you can provide me with historical data for NSE that will be great, i have setup an FTP so u can upload the files

Server : traderji.infocuslamps.com
userid : [email protected]
password : password

Thanks in Advance.
meso

Sure.

If u have it, share it. Why does everybody need to reinvent the wheel.

I will upload the same today itself.

Bye for now.
Sanjoy

meso129 said:
Sanjoy,

Thanks for the information, If you can provide me with historical data for NSE that will be great, i have setup an FTP so u can upload the files

Server : traderji.infocuslamps.com
userid : [email protected]
password : password

Thanks in Advance.
meso