Who offers best intra day charting software

Happy Diwali to You All.

I have a trading account with indiabulls and trade using their PIB software.

The problem is that the charts are intraday only. No backfill for previous days is available and also cannot view the EOD charts too.

Do you know of any trading platform that offers intraday trading charts with backfill data (say upto 10 to 15 days old) as well as EOD charts.

Also do you know of any trading platform that offers trading directly from the charts like interactive brokers TWS Chart trader?

Thanks,

Mark

i think the previous day data in the charts gets cleared during the EOD process of the system.

Also if the previous day charts are made available then refreshing the chart on every tick received in the day will be slower.

If u have noticed the Nifty chart takes more time to refresh than other scrip bcos there are more datapoints in the nifty chart.

even in morning time nifty works properly but as the day passes there is flicker in the nifty chart coz of more data points..

if the previous day data is not cleared then the charts would prolly not load in morning itself..

alroyraj

Happy Diwali to You All.

I have a trading account with indiabulls and trade using their PIB software.

The problem is that the charts are intraday only. No backfill for previous days is available and also cannot view the EOD charts too.

Do you know of any trading platform that offers intraday trading charts with backfill data (say upto 10 to 15 days old) as well as EOD charts.

Also do you know of any trading platform that offers trading directly from the charts like interactive brokers TWS Chart trader?

Thanks,

Mark
No broker offers chart trading.
As per the EOD charts,Sharekhan Trader Tiger is the best. recently they expanded it beyond 5 days duration. Angel too offers this facility though not as well as Sharekhan. Best thing is to go for this,IPO facility is is not good in Indiabulls.

,IPO facility is is not good in Indiabulls.
I totally agree to this. Recently I missed on the Coal India IPO because IndiaBulls wouldn't allow me to use my funds from IB account to buy IPO. According to them I should arrange fresh funds from my bank to buy IPO through them. Pity, I wanted to apply for 400 shares and ended up with applying for only 125 shares because of insufficient funds in my bank account.

I will try out Sharekhan's Tradetiger.

Currently only Interactive brokers provide trading directly from charts. I hope others too come up with this technology very soon in India.

Cheers Guys!!

Has anyone tried NSE TAME charting software? Not the lite one which is free but the other one where you need to login to view charts.

I am particularly interested because Zerodha offers NSE TAME as their charting tool and we all know their brokerage is the lowest ... Just Rs. 20 per trade.

Thanks,

Mark

alroyraj

I totally agree to this. Recently I missed on the Coal India IPO because IndiaBulls wouldn't allow me to use my funds from IB account to buy IPO. According to them I should arrange fresh funds from my bank to buy IPO through them. Pity, I wanted to apply for 400 shares and ended up with applying for only 125 shares because of insufficient funds in my bank account.

I will try out Sharekhan's Tradetiger.

Currently only Interactive brokers provide trading directly from charts. I hope others too come up with this technology very soon in India.

Cheers Guys!!
We need an account for IPO application itself..other than SK, HDFC is the best i heard of course AMC is 500 ,so somewhat on the higher side..Also IB does not allow IPO appln on last day...is it the same at your end or its just me...

krm

We need an account for IPO application itself..other than SK, HDFC is the best i heard of course AMC is 500 ,so somewhat on the higher side..Also IB does not allow IPO appln on last day...is it the same at your end or its just me...
Aloyraj,

Had u tried angel odin charts for placing orders? I think we can place order using F1/F2. Price is filled where the mouse pointer has been clicked. I am not using their services since long now.

Another thing, how the funds payout of indiabulls is? Is it not online? Cos I opted a payout, they prepared a cheque and deposited in my bank account. The payin is instant, online 4 seconds and payout-- 4 days? Why it is so?

alroyraj

Aloyraj,

Had u tried angel odin charts for placing orders? I think we can place order using F1/F2. Price is filled where the mouse pointer has been clicked. I am not using their services since long now.

Another thing, how the funds payout of indiabulls is? Is it not online? Cos I opted a payout, they prepared a cheque and deposited in my bank account. The payin is instant, online 4 seconds and payout-- 4 days? Why it is so?
No.I do not have Angel so cannot comment but if this feature is available it is simply superb...
In IB, the fund payout occurs within 3 hours if you have an online a/c like in ICICI,HDFC,Axis,or IDBI Bank.
If you have any other account then it will be prepared by cheque.
All brokers stress on having an online account with its own payment gateway. The four mentioned above have their own payment gateway. One reason people aopt for their existing PSU bank account is the low minimum balance (500-1000 Rs). These 4 banks usually need a min average quarterly balance of 5000 Rs. Of course IDBI Bank is running a scheme presently where they will waive this off.
Besides these IB also has a tieup with others like IndusInd, ABN Amro and Citibank but not sure what they do. Anyways rarely do people have accounts in these banks,so never mind .

krm

No.I do not have Angel so cannot comment but if this feature is available it is simply superb...
In IB, the fund payout occurs within 3 hours if you have an online a/c like in ICICI,HDFC,Axis,or IDBI Bank.
If you have any other account then it will be prepared by cheque.
All brokers stress on having an online account with its own payment gateway. The four mentioned above have their own payment gateway. One reason people aopt for their existing PSU bank account is the low minimum balance (500-1000 Rs). These 4 banks usually need a min average quarterly balance of 5000 Rs. Of course IDBI Bank is running a scheme presently where they will waive this off.
Besides these IB also has a tieup with others like IndusInd, ABN Amro and Citibank but not sure what they do. Anyways rarely do people have accounts in these banks,so never mind .
My bank account is with ICICI Bank. I had mailed them(IBulls) regarding this delay in payout, waiting for their reply.