Who gives the best margin in F&O

There are a lot of threads that talk about Brokers giving lowest Brokerage.

Though important part of trading costs, i believe if u have a system that works for you and gives positive returns annually an important aspect is also the margin requirements for futures and options (sell).

So here is one question that i open up for everyone to answer:

Which is the best broker with respect to Margin requirements for futures and Options (sell) trading (both intraday and positional)? And what is the margin?

Thanks
VK

Added later: Maybe we could start of by mentioning the margins that our respective brokers or brokers we know charge. That way we might be able to shortlist the one who offers the best margin.

Last edited:

soft_trader

Zerodha offers 2.5x intraday margins for F&O and 2x for commodities.

In other brokers you have to negotiate with the RM. My friend got 6x intraday margins for F&O from Angel broking.

Zerodha offers 2.5x intraday margins for F&O and 2x for commodities.

In other brokers you have to negotiate with the RM. My friend got 6x intraday margins for F&O from Angel broking.
Thanks for the reply. Can you pls explain what do u mean by 2.5 times. 2.5 times of what? (sorry for my ignorance)

VK

manojborle

Thanks for the reply. Can you pls explain what do u mean by 2.5 times. 2.5 times of what? (sorry for my ignorance)

VK
I think it should be your capital.

Reliance has a cover order option which Rs 3500 for one lot nifty but no software.

Just planning to day trade with one or two lots.

Is there anyone offering in the 5,000 to 7,000 range along with a good software ?

Thanks

2.5 times of required margin.

Means say for Nifty future 1lot SPAN is 25K. But with Zerodha 40% of this margin is required for intraday. So with 10K you can trade Nifty in Zerodha
2 kind of brokers available.
1.broker who give cheap brokerage but, limits are tight.
2.broker whose brokerage little bit higher but you can get huge exposure.
If you need 20 to 30 times or more, you have prove the broker.(do some profitable trades or prove them you are a risk free client)

madhavareddy1203

My broker Is GEM award winner Last year. Highest volume genrator.
You can trade Nifty future and some stock futures with 3500 rs MIS.
Crude and NG also less than 3k per lot MIS.
Capital below 5000: 3times
Capital 5to 10k: 5times:
Capital Above 10k: 10times.

If Margin loss croos 80% Autosqoff.

CO fecility in all segments. NEST software. Call and trade fecility.

You can trade All segments with 1 capital...NSE, MCX and currency
Brokerage 1000 per crore. Margin 10 times. Per crude 15k MIS in zerodha.. here 3000.( this is the main difference between zerodha and my broker)

For complete details: Plz visit http://www.traderji.com/energy/92842-only-ng-scalper-trading-35.html