Which web browsers you used? & Which ones you would like the most?

murthymsr

Hi all.

Each of us might have used a few web browsers and finally settled on one or two for our daily trading & other purposes.

Please respond with details of web browsers with reasons for skipping them or for continuing with them.

After some days of user responses, I will add a poll. Please participate in the poll also.

In the next post, I will present my view on these questions.

Thanks.
murthymsr

murthymsr

I have used quite a few popular browsers and the important ones are:

My first web browser is Internet Explorer. Today, it is the least preferred one. I use it only when it takes me there when I click on some MS office links or when visiting some sites specially designed for IE (Windows group sites).

If I have to say only one browser, it is Firefox. Particularly I like it's add-ons. With different add-ons selected by each user, no two FF browsers are alike. I use FF mostly during non trading hours, as it's memory requirement (with so many add-ons) is large.

Chrome Browser, I have used very few times and am not in a position to offer any comment.

K=Melon is a very light weight browser, and was using during trading hours, but i faced some issues with NSE pages as far as JavaScript is concerned.

Crazy Browser ( AM Browser now), is a light weight browser very low on memory requirements and NSE JavaScript pages run properly with it.

There are many other browsers, on which I do not have a substantial experience, either positive or negative.

Oh, I forgot to mention my love to Netscape in its golden period.

Just a comparative assessment of memory requirement with just a single blank page open in each of the browsers is as below.
(All versions are more or less the latest ones)

Firefox = 42 MB ( with many add-ons)
IE = 26 MB
Chrome = 24 MB
K-Melon = 17 MB
Crazy (AM) Browser = 15 MB

Above figures are only indicative.

Please post your observations too, which will help one in choosing his browser.

Thanks.
murthymsr

I have used many browsers. Till last year my Primary Browser was Firefox. I loved Firefox because of its addons. But, one drawback in FF is that when you add more addons, it becomes slow.

Now, my Primary browser is Opera. It is light and fast. Also, now Opera 11 has addons too like Firefox.

As a secondary browser, I use Comodo Dragon. It is based on Google's chromium and it is less intrusive than Google Chrome and has some Comodo security features.