Which Printer

umeshmandal

Need to BUY a Printer!! Approx. use 200 to 250 pages to be printed in a month.
Please suggest in terms of Printer Price and ReplacementPrint Cartridge price.
Is it better to use Printer scanner copier? Have minimal use for copier and scanner.
Not much interest in Colour Print too!
All suggestions are welcome!!
Thanks.
-Umesh

TheDreamer

3 years back I also had the same criteria... Don't spend money on inkjet printers. If you don't want copy or scan facilities, buy laser printers like Xerox Phaser 3117 or Samsung ML 1666 or Brother HL 2140.

Cost will be around 4.5k to 5k. Refill can be done @ 300 bucks for 1500 (min.) pages printout. :)

That's a hefty price, lol. Well if you picked up a cheap inkjet (100$ at least), then each ink cartridge is about 25-50$ depending, without really being able to project an average number or pages, let's say you would almost use a whole cartridge per month, 300$ a year on ink.. I guess it's really up to you.

I've discovered that with a laser printer used for printing pages of text you can stretch your dollar seemingly infinitely further. The toner cartridges last a looooong time compared to ink jet. I bought my first laser printer back in 2007 and have yet to change the "starter" cartridge that contains less toner than a full retail replacement cartridge. I'm not a heavy printer, but I do print a moderate amount. When the time comes to replace the toner cartridge it will cost me the same amount to replace as a black ink jet cartridge. As far as print quality is concerned the laser printer produces much clearer, sharper, more comfortably readable text compared to the smeary and blotchy results I've always gotten from ink jets. Moreover this laser printer I have cost about $120 and has been more durable and trouble-free than any of the multitudes of similarly priced ink jet machines that have come in and out of my life.
Brother HL-2270DW. Black and white laser, wifi, with duplex (double-sided printing). You can get it cheaper than that if you try finding because it costs around $100 overseas.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Tech Corner 33
J Forex 0