Which online broker allows short selling?

pasha

Been reading through the posts here but nothing mentioned about short selling. Is there any online broker that allows short selling and buying back after a few days?

I dont think any online broker would allow you to short-sell even intraday. As for going short and covering a few days later, no way!! Short selling is banned in India, and in the absence of a stock borrowing and lending mechanism, even impractical.

arre yaar all brokers allow short selling intraday. 5paisa, indiabulls, icici i have personally done it. it doesnt make sense not to allow it, even ur regular old fashoned broker allows it intraday. icici squares ur poisiton off at 2:45 or so, indiabulls at 3:10 and 5paisa does not do it even by eod so if u forget to square it off, you will get a short delivery notice and shares will be bought in auction 3 days later. this is bad in some cases, but good if u deliberately wanna be short in a stock till right before market closes.
as far as shorting for more than intraday is concerned, india does not have stock borrowing and lending mechanism in place beacuse of sebi, so that is not allowed, even though i read today that sebi is starting it very soon.

Short selling is not permitted in India as per SEBI rules.
I think one can take a PUT option rather than short sell you will then have a contract of 3 months.

On Which market are you looking at?

pasha said:
Been reading through the posts here but nothing mentioned about short selling. Is there any online broker that allows short selling and buying back after a few days?