Which one is better laptop ?

Got this Micromax laptop. Review is based on using it for over a week now.

I had to remove the preinstalled McFee antivirus software since it was using almost 20% RAM and also it consumed a lot of internet usage for online internet security. But I am ok with this since the only purpose of this machine is to connect to Nest and use Excel. No other usage, including web browsing too. Also disabled Windows Auto update feature as it consumes data and eats battery.

Can connect both through wifi - mobile hotspot and internet dongle.

This machine can comfortably run three instances of NEST and two instances of excel (Excel file sizes are around 6 MB, combined). On average it uses around 50% CPU and 60% RAM. I have used link to excel feature from NEST to get RTD data of 8 scrips.

Running all the above the battery backup is 6 hours.

Effective storage is around 15 GB as most (of 32 GB) is consumed by OS and Office 365. But even this much of storage space is quite high for my requirement.

All in all, it meets my requirement and that too at 13k.

Shikamaru

What a drag!!!
Hi
Which software you are using for charting. Is this Micromax laptop compatible with amibroker. Please reply. Thanks
Following is minimum requirement irrespective of Laptop

PHP:
Hardware requirements 

To run AmiBroker you need PC-Compatible computer meeting following minimum requirements
•Pentium 450 MHz or higher
•128 MB RAM 
•20 MB hard disk space 
•256 color graphics card (high color recommended) 800x600 minimum screen resolution

Recommended machine configuration
•CPU: 1GHz or more, multiple cores
•512 MB RAM or more

Supported operating systems

AmiBroker works on the following operating systems:
•Windows 10 (any edition) 32-bit
•Windows 10 (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows 8 (any edition) 32-bit
•Windows 8 (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows 7 (any edition) 32-bit
•Windows 7 (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows Vista (any edition) 32-bit
•Windows Vista (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows Server 2008 (any edition) 32-bit
•Windows Server 2008 (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows Server 2008 R2 (any edition) 64-bit
•Windows XP (any edition)
•Windows XP x64 (64-bit)
•Windows 2000 (any edition)
•Windows NT 4.0 SP 3 (or higher) + Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher installed
•Windows Millenium
•Windows 98/98SE/95osr2/95

For more information about OS compatibility see: 32-bit/64-bit version compatibility chart

Guys, Can someone suggest a good laptop with in 25000 rs for trading purpose ? I am aiming for a good battery backup, faster performance and less heating. No need for any multimedia or gaming.. And also please suggest if configuring a desktop will be wiser ? Only issue with desktop is the backup plan in case of power cut.
Obviously, a desktop is a better option. But I think that 25000Rs. is a bit of low budget for laptop, which will give you the advantage of flexibility of location, in case you move around a lot.

There are some good options for 25K range, this one appears to be a good one i3-5th generation.

LoneWolf

Obviously, a desktop is a better option. But I think that 25000Rs. is a bit of low budget for laptop, which will give you the advantage of flexibility of location, in case you move around a lot.

There are some good options for 25K range, this one appears to be a good one i3-5th generation.

Thank you for the suggestion Timepass, Wil check for this model in the local store. I Do not trust online shopping for lappy/smartphone. :)

Thank you for the suggestion Timepass, Wil check for this model in the local store. I Do not trust online shopping for lappy/smartphone. :)
Keep us updated about your purchase. Will help the others here.

Generally all laptops are from reputed vendors. A quadcore may not be the best solution (low power). I3 4th gen is in your budget. See if you can stretch to 5th gen. 500GB HDD /4GB RAM is good enough.

Your idea about using a laptop as a replacement for dekstop+UPS is a good one, less heat and less light bill too.
Although it might break your budget, try to get laptop with 1920*1080 resolution panel. Gives so much more space. Last time i checked, There were laptops around 30-35k+ with FHD screen (Lenovo). Might get cheaper if amazon does one of those 15% deals again.
If you dont need mobility - then can always do two monitors and get good monitor around 10k.

For normal workloads, i3/pentium is enough. In future, try to get SSD instead of HD and use external HD (or replace optical drive). SSD is super fast and has become much cheaper that before. I got 256GB samsung SSD for ~6.5k in deal. Makes lot of difference in daily workflow.
You can get an assembled desktop with very good configuration around this price. Yeah, there will be issue with power cut backup. For that you have to go for a sine wave inverter. If you have frequent and/or long power cuts then go for laptop, but in laptop too power backup reduces considerably in 18-20 months of use.
Dont know about laptop prices etc. You may search at amazon, flipcart etc etc for price and configuration.
bro,in my college days i used to be expert in these type of queries. now i m rusted :D.
things u need to keep in mind b4 purchase.
1. cpu must be good, not atom, preferably i3/i5/i7 or latest. for 25k i3 should be available, dont know.
2. ram 4gb or greater. 2gb ram will be borderline.
3. yes battery life will be 1.5 to 2yrs only. if lucky, then greater than 2yrs.
4. screen size is imp. my 10 inch screen was insufficient, so i use another monitor attached to netbuk. buy 14 inch laptop atleast.
5. desktop consumes lot of power,150 watts atleast. if no inverter means don buy desktop. i bought netbuk only bcos, i suffered power outage while trading and had to call broker to sq off position.:annoyed:

hope this helps. :)
Yes at my place power cut will be an issue in summer, so desktop is out of question now.. Now in lappy - I am aiming for 4GB ram, 15 inch screen, Pentium Quadcore (i3 goes above 25K). 500 GB HD. The lists of Lappy that I got in this range, gives a battery back up of 4-5 hrs in new conditions. But the confusion is when I check the technical/user review for the above lappy, the loop of confusions start. I checked for one model of Acer, and in its review the guy mentioned all its pros/cons then mentions in this price range a better option will be HP, Then on HP reviews same story goes on and in the end it says in this price range, Lenevo will be better than HP, Then ASUS, and then again comes ACER.. :D :D :D
Please do check about windows, whether original or with DOS, as I do not think that you will get genuine windows in this price range of laptops.
well mine is acer, 5 yrs old netbook. once battery replacement. 2nd battery was not original acer, they quoted price too high(6000), got compatible battery for 2000. 1st battery died in 2 yrs. this one initial backup was 7-8 hrs, now its 4-5 hrs.
so i had good experience with acer, if any prob comes i m not sure of its service centre though.
Saw my friend's hp laptop. very roughly used. but hp offers AMC etc. so major repairs was done properly.
so i think any laptop if used properly will run properly.

heating is normal when it is on for 10hrs. should not overheat. using heat sink etc. is neccesary.

my opinion go for hp or acer.
:)

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Generally all laptops are from reputed vendors. A quadcore may not be the best solution (low power). I3 4th gen is in your budget. See if you can stretch to 5th gen. 500GB HDD /4GB RAM is good enough.

Your idea about using a laptop as a replacement for dekstop+UPS is a good one, less heat and less light bill too.
ya, i agree with u. quality of service centres is also imp. i found hp service centre better.
pc technology becomes old in 6 months :lol:
to run nest and amibroker, my atom pc just manages ok, but cant open 3rd software.
my 2007 desktop, with 2gb ram and 1.6ghz pentium dual-core processor handles lot of load nicely.
one thing i observed is having more than 3 months IEOD data in amibroker makes cpu work @90%, thus heating up quickly.
maybe newer lappy cpu may handle this load @20%.

EDIT: in other thread a member mentioned abt geniune windows preinstalled. i too agree with that, it is imp. windows 10 is very good. even if they sell older win8, it can be upgraded to win 10 for free till july-aug this yr, i think.

Last edited: