Which is the best Trading Platform in India?

Best Trading Platform in India

• ICICIdirect : Trade Racer / Website

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • India Infoline : Trade Terminal (TT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharekhan : Trade Tiger

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • HDFC : Blink

• Kotak : Keat pro X

• Motilal Oswal: My Broker

• Religare: R - Ally

• Angel : Odin Diet

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am very new to the markets & trading etc. my primary requirement is to keep some ESOPs allotted to me in Demat A/C. And i wish to learn the basics of trading & to earn some money through investments. i am not very aggressive investor.
I have limitations of restricted internet at office, so demat & trading shall be web based/ browser based/ portal driven and not through any specialized software/application software to be loaded in my workstation.
my initial enquiries with sharekhan is one of the worst. they do not even know how to talk with a prospective customer. sharekhan asked for 25k margin. Geojit & Religare asked for very high margin money like 50k cheque to them and 1 lakh FD/investment/ portfolio management contracts. so rather i would prefer a bank based securities service.
i had an icicidirect a/c but somehow i wont be able to operate it. so i enquired with HDFC sec, Kotak Sec, SBI Cap Sec, Standard Chartered sec, HSBC sec. Heard from a friend that SBI is not that good, costs are higher, & online things are very unsafe for any nationalised bank service providers. so SBI is no for me.
StanChart asked for 50 K margin & 13 paisa brokerage, 400 rs AMC. No other charge & SB A/C AMB is 5k.
I am yet to get details from HSBC, but the representative told me its 75 paisa and negotiable to 30 paisa depending on volume/ values of transactions.
StanChart & HSBC representatives were very well behaved persons.
HDFC representative was a dumb fellow, on every query he called up backoffice. asked for 10k as SB A/C AMB, no A/C opening charges, AMC 750 upto 11 tradings per year, 500 for 12-24 trading, 350 for more than 25 trading per year. but he told me brokerage can be negotiable upto 30 paisa depending on volume/value etc. (normal brokerage is 50 paisa).
Kotak guy was OK, offering 25 paisa brokerage for me as corporate client (i could understand he needs to get some dumb client saying corporate privilege etc.), 10k as margin, zero balance SB A/C, 600 rs as AMC (which he explained if i have more than 2L value as per latest SEBI norm, otherwise its 100 rs upto 50K value of demat).
which one shall i go for, HDFC/Kotak or any of this StanChart/ HSBC?
Anybody have any exp of StandardChartered or HSBC Sec?

best trading platform i have seen to date in india is from interactive brokers.
the platform is just superb . charts and lots of studies are available. limitations being only NSE support and higher brokerage compared to online discount brokers. no phone trades as well.

jahan

best trading platform i have seen to date in india is from interactive brokers.
the platform is just superb . charts and lots of studies are available. limitations being only NSE support and higher brokerage compared to online discount brokers. no phone trades as well.
hello,

Yes ur Exactly right....there is no comparision with IB's TWS

and when come to retail traders budget at present omnisys NEST plus or NSE NOW becoming popular.

Regards,

Narnolia is one kind of online trading platform in India. Online trading facility has arrived as a boon to us as it has brought along end numbers of benefits with it.
  • Single Accessibility

• Convenient to Access

• Easy Transaction

• Reliable Research
To simply put, a demat account is an account wherein you hold all your investment certificates such as shares, bonds, government securities, mutual funds and exchange traded funds in an electronic format.