Which is the best laptop & Wireless Connection

Hi All

I need to buy laptop & wireless connection for trading purpose only can anyone pls suggest which is the best laptop & network connection is good for trading activity

sanjosedesi

If you have to choose, then

Internet - Rather than best speed, go for an ok speed plus a 2/3G backup. Speed does not affect in most quotes / charts unless it is too low.

Laptop take the biggest screen "you can carry" + maximum RAM rather than worry about CPU.

If no budget constraint, then you can max on everything.

Not giving specific models / brands ... That's your work and it depends on what's available to you.

Last edited:
Hi Thanks both of u

1) Currently i have i5 desktop with 2 MBPS internet connection, but due to power issue both desktop & internet not working so want a backup i want laptop

2) I choose core i3 Dell laptop with 15" screen it has 4GB RAM 500 HDD, but it comes with windows 7 so far i have reviews that windows 7 is not as much compatible with NSE NOW as XP, it is possible to make laptop dual boot with XP is my primary operating system & windows 7 is secondary system

pakatil

Hi Thanks both of u

1) Currently i have i5 desktop with 2 MBPS internet connection, but due to power issue both desktop & internet not working so want a backup i want laptop

2) I choose core i3 Dell laptop with 15" screen it has 4GB RAM 500 HDD, but it comes with windows 7 so far i have reviews that windows 7 is not as much compatible with NSE NOW as XP, it is possible to make laptop dual boot with XP is my primary operating system & windows 7 is secondary system
I am using NSE Now, RKG ODIN, Religare RacePro on Win7. No issues at all. If you are still keen on XP, go for VM on Win7. I feel VM is better option than Dual Boot.

Cheers.

PS.....i Do have Dual Boot XP & Linux on Laptop, Dual Boot Win7 & Linux on Desktop.

Also have VMs on Win7.

ethan hunt

VM will hog resources & connections with various drives / usb is a pain.
XP support is nil from MS & will stop completely.
Go for Win7 only.
No new laptop supports XP now, only lenevo provides XP drivers though under the table, but says XP will slow down the new laptops as they are now optimized for win7.
my win7 64bit is running odin withgout any probs.
dunno about NOW/NEST
also go for 64bit machine+win 64 bit version as you can add large ram capacity when required.

Reggie

If you have not bought the laptop already, suggest avoid Dell.

I am using Dell Core 15 with windows 7. Face the following problems which are a real problem for trading.

1. Dell drops internet connection often. Two of my friends have similar experience with Dell.

2. The function keys are an issue, really idiotically assigned. E.g F2 will switch on or off the wireless, F4 & F5 are used for adjusting brightness. F7, F8 & F9 are used to mute, and adjust volume. and F10, F11, F12 for rewinding and FF video. Basically if you want to use function keys, F1 or F2 to buy or sell, you will have to press the function keys!!

3. The laptop heats off too quick.

4. Lastly, my battery has gone off in just over a year. I am getting repeated messages to change the battery and need to be continiously connected to the power.

In my view, Acer is a better laptop in terms of function and value for money.

avad

Do yourself a favour and dont buy sony viao. It is good but overpriced and i am had problems with it every 2-3 months...on the other hand my father uses a basic acer model which is good.

i would recommend acer or dell

avad

what about lenovo s100 and other lappeez............
which have longer battery power backup and life.
regarding battery life see when i keep my brightness full i get abt 2 hours back up on my sony vaio netbook.

but when i use low brightness the battery goes on for abt 4 hours

i use this one---
Sony VAIO (Green) @ RM 1099, AMD Dual core 11.6 inch VAIO Y Series

In retrospect i was better off buying acer or dell which would be more durable though my lap is ok except that every 2-3months it needs some treatment as it slows down