Which is the best Charting platfrom?

DSM

It took me a long time to find a charting platform that helped me to trade live. In my opinion Sharekhan Trade Tiger 2.4 is the best terminal as far as the charting tools is concerned with more than 14 customisable indidcators, including MA, RSI, Stochastics, BB, MACD, PSAR, Supertrend etc.

This post is just to inform TJ members who I see looking for the most basic charting tools, where as one is available with live updates for a minimal cost to open an account.

I have posted an image of SK Platform, and list the following features that I consider its strength :

1. Multiple charts in one window.
2. Charts updated live.
3. Provides multiple market watch list.
4. Charts of BSE/NSE/MCX etc. available on one single screen.
5. Different templates can be used on different charts.
6. Easy to use.

The one issue that I have with Tradetiger is that it requires a login even if the internet disconnected for a few seconds. Other than than, for traders with high volume, brokerage can be another criteria. How about having a mix of both.? Using a discount broker, as well as using the best charting platform? Well, that's what I do.

Would invite discussions from members who are using other terminals to post their views on their platform and the features that they find important, drawback of the same. This can be an informative discussion for the benefit of the member community. Request please post images showing important aspects of the platform.

Attachments

megapixel

It took me a long time to find a charting platform that helped me to trade live. In my opinion Sharekhan Trade Tiger 2.4 is the best terminal as far as the charting tools is concerned with more than 14 customisable indidcators, including MA, RSI, Stochastics, BB, MACD, PSAR, Supertrend etc.

This post is just to inform TJ members who I see looking for the most basic charting tools, where as one is available with live updates for a minimal cost to open an account.

I have posted an image of SK Platform, and list the following features that I consider its strength :

2. Charts updated live.
6. Easy to use.

The one issue that I have with Tradetiger is that it requires a login even if the internet disconnected for a few seconds. Other than than, for traders with high volume, brokerage can be another criteria. How about having a mix of both.? Using a discount broker, as well as using the best charting platform? Well, that's what I do.

Would invite discussions from members who are using other terminals to post their views on their platform and the features that they find important, drawback of the same. This can be an informative discussion for the benefit of the member community. Request please post images showing important aspects of the platform.
Do they have any stock scanning capabilities ? can you please check
if possible, please post a screenshot.

DSM

Stock scanner is not available per se, though for me this is not a constraint as I use a predefined template , which updates charts in in real time with the click of a button.

Two additional features that I must mention :

TT provides a utility that's called Snap to Excel. The whole list of scripts can be exported to excel and updated LIVE. Another sheet can be created with formulas, to tinker around, and the Snap Excel sheet which will keep updating the latest price, %move, volume, offer, bid etc.

A utility that I find very useful is price alert with a note. I place important trigger levels with a note for the same, and the system will alert me when the price meets the set criteria. The alerts can be set for multiple scripts at any time.

Do they have any stock scanning capabilities ? can you please check
if possible, please post a screenshot.

megapixel

Stock scanner is not available per se, though for me this is not a constraint as I use a predefined template , which updates charts in in real time with the click of a button.

Two additional features that I must mention :

TT provides a utility that's called Snap to Excel. The whole list of scripts can be exported to excel and updated LIVE. Another sheet can be created with formulas, to tinker around, and the Snap Excel sheet which will keep updating the latest price, %move, volume, offer, bid etc.

A utility that I find very useful is price alert with a note. I place important trigger levels with a note for the same, and the system will alert me when the price meets the set criteria. The alerts can be set for multiple scripts at any time.
alerts for the day
Or
you can keep alerts alive until it is triggered ?

DSM

Alerts remain live till triggered, and are not EOD. So basically on a daily, weekly chart, S&R, retracement, Pivot, Fib. level will be notified whenever it is crossed.

alerts for the day
Or
you can keep alerts alive until it is triggered ?

Alerts remain live till triggered, and are not EOD. So basically on a daily, weekly chart, S&R, retracement, Pivot, Fib. level will be notified whenever it is crossed.
Are you using their mobile platform also?

If so, do it have charting with TA and alerts? Please inform.

Regds.

DSM

Personally I am not using the mobile platform, but am aware that an app called ShareMobile is created specifically for this purpose which allows trading in futures as well as options. It has intraday charting facility, multi exchange watchlist, autorefresh of market depth etc. While this app runs of Android platform, Blackberry and iphone, certain features are not compatible with Nokia. For more info. check the youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJl0z8pmu3w

Are you using their mobile platform also?

If so, do it have charting with TA and alerts? Please inform.

Regds.

Gandhar.

i think it is the user interface you are considering
otherwise almost all charting software are having the same indicators
i consider the main part to interpret the chart with least possible indicators(that suit ur trading style) so as to avoid confusion

sahil79

2. Charts updated live.
6. Easy to use.

Hi DSM, I use NT7. I just tried TT2.4 of sharekhan but I could not get things to plot multi-charts on a screen as you have done on your above posted chart. Can you let me know plz

DSM

Hi Santosh,

It's easy really. Just press go to the script, press cntrl key and double click. Go to the second script and again press cntrl key and double click. There is no limit to the no. of charts that can be opened. I use max 4, but it can be 6 or 8 or whatever.

Another excellent feature is to save readymade template. For e.g you can have one template of 20 day, 30 minute, 5 day 10 minute etc. And in different templates you can have different indicators such as MA, PSAR, MACD, Stochastics, BollingerBand etc. then you can call in the template and check how the script is placed intraday, 5 day, 20 day, daily or weekly timeframe etc. Also you can then filter thru the chart required indicators in a matter of minutes.

Incidentally, for those interested in ShareMobile (app for mobile) got to know from my friend that it provides a pop up alert when the script hits a desired level.

Trust this helps.

Hi DSM, I use NT7. I just tried TT2.4 of sharekhan but I could not get things to plot multi-charts on a screen as you have done on your above posted chart. Can you let me know plz