Which is best among Kotak / ICICIDirect /HDFC securities

Hi Tradeji users,
I want to open a demat account for online trading.I have read several information about different online trading provider sites.
Can anyone suggest which is better of Kotak ,ICICI direct and HDFC.
I have a bank account with ICICI,so ICICI direct will be good for me .But I am little upset with their high brokerage.Whether Kotak or HDFC provides facility to transfer money from ICICI bank to their demat account.
Any suggestion will be much helpful to me.
Thanks.
Prashant

But HDFC & Kotak also almost charge same brokerage
HDFC 0.5% + Demat charges extra
Kotak 0.59% + Demat charges

This is comparable with 0.75% of ICICI, where there are no Demat charges

I think the brokerage charges of Geojit is much less.
0.3% in the case of online trading
0.5% in the case of offline trading.
I am not sure whether their online trading system is better than othersin terms of usability & reliability. Also not sure how good is their online IPO system..

HI TRADERJI,
I have noticed that ICICIDIRECT is taking its customers for a Ride. In normalways T+2 settlement should be followed. But off late I have noticed
That they are crediting shares on T+3 bases. For example I bought SOME SHARES on FRIDAY. As per T+2 these shares should be in my account on 31st jan06.
But I have not received shares today in my account. So what is the correct
thing for me to do. Should I report them to SEBI/Nsdl. Or I am missing something. Is any other customer facing such problem. If I am right what is
the remedy for me ?

joy_verma said:
HI TRADERJI,
I have noticed that ICICIDIRECT is taking its customers for a Ride. In normalways T+2 settlement should be followed. But off late I have noticed
That they are crediting shares on T+3 bases. For example I bought SOME SHARES on FRIDAY. As per T+2 these shares should be in my account on 31st jan06.
But I have not received shares today in my account. So what is the correct
thing for me to do. Should I report them to SEBI/Nsdl. Or I am missing something. Is any other customer facing such problem. If I am right what is
the remedy for me ?
I guess ICICDirect allocates shares after 6 PM. It is usually T+2 for me, but then since the time of allotment is usually after 6PM it seems to be a T+3.

Regards.

nari

hi ,
i strongly belive icicidirect is mother of all online broking firms. icicidirect or kotak the two strong players in mkt who have dont cheat cleints . i feel if u can use the facalities given by icicidirect its the best ,,at least in hyd. and tehr hnidesk is a good concept if u give brokerage above acertain amt,directlink like pib of IB ,brokerage reduction, and all those services given by any one in the mkt is availabel only criteria is a certain avg vol for the year.

Hi Tradeji users,
I want to open a demat account for online trading.I have read several information about different online trading provider sites.
Can anyone suggest which is better of Kotak ,ICICI direct and HDFC.
I have a bank account with ICICI,so ICICI direct will be good for me .But I am little upset with their high brokerage.Whether Kotak or HDFC provides facility to transfer money from ICICI bank to their demat account.
Any suggestion will be much helpful to me.
Thanks.
Prashant
open a/c with reliance money
flat brockrage of 1 paisa.... lowest amc of Rs50 only and that is waieved off if u trade 5 times in 1 year... access every financial product online ... flaxibity to do offline also... start off with only 1250 for complete year and no other brockrage...

ask more to suraj
9892333050:)

I have accounts with Sharekhan, kotak, reliance money and icici.
Let me tell you something :
Kotak allows bank transfers with ICICI also.
Sharekhan has almost instantaneous money transfers for sharekhan to bank account. Kotak takes 3 days.
Kotak customer care is BAD.
Sharekhan's is just about average.
Reliance money customer care people are like trained monkeys. I think they read scripts while answering your questions hence don't really understand what you try to tell them.
ICICI, does it even have a seperate customer care where you can call ?????? I think they share staff with the bank CC.
Never used geojit, but have heard good reviews from friends.

One thing which is in ICICI and not in others:

Suppose you buy a futures position. Then you DON'T have to pay any initial marginif you have shares which can cover it. What I mean is that you can buy a futures position using margin from your shares and only pay MTM.
In kotak if you buy a futures position against margin you have to pay the initial margin also on T+1, so effectively no use of margin from shares.
Also ICICI charges for F&O are reasonable enough, considering you save money in margin and can buy more lots.
Intraday futures : 0.05% on first leg. Square off is free.
Intraday options : FREE
otherwise charges for futures : 0.05% each side.
I have not used sharekhan much ( opened it for my father, but he doesn't trade )
Reliance money brokerage is UNBEATABLE. However, they provide no margin on shares.
Even though ICICI has a slow site and provides no software, I still use it exclusively for F&O.
I would love to use Reliance money but then I have to arrange a few lakhs more just for initial margin.

Hopefully someone finds it useful.