Which is best among Kotak / ICICIDirect /HDFC securities

Would like to give my feedback in continuation of what our friend AKG 7051 has given. Please note that

HAve had accounts with 3 brokers now for the past year or so.....kotak for the last 1 year, MOST and ib for more than 3 years. Have just opened a reliance money account around a month back.

1. IB: Have managed to get very good brokerages from them. HAve largely had exposures that they have managed to increase whenever i have wanted. HAd a relatively good experinece with them except for the last 3 months where a new RM has traded in my account and caused a loss of 1.2 lakhs. The guy came to try and bargain with me and have gone to SEBI. The branch head has now come and said that India Bulls will compensate and has asked for 1 more months time. Have stopped trading with them. Will keep following up with SEBI till they pay up. There is no Customer Service team to rely upon.

2. MOST: The delivery based research calls that I get from MOST is among the best that I have encountered in the industry. They are not willing to negotiate on the rates and hence, largely do delivery based business with them. Their RM's are of a very high quality and they are very very prompt in service. Like the outfit but money (brokerages) are also very dear to me.

3. Kotak: HAd signed up with them for the Flat product that they had launched. However have shifted to their regular offering as they give exposures for delivery and intraday against stocks too. Have become extremley flexible in brokerages and they negotiate brokerages based on volumes. Got a rate comparable to IB. Very complicated system of calculating margins and it took me nearly 2 months to crack. Am a lot more comfortable now that I understand their accounting practises. Customer Service desk is mostly unreachable and also substandard but they have alloted a dealer for me and he is among the best that I have dealt with in the broking industry. Their KEAT premium is good.

4. Reliance: Typically opposite to MOST......very very bad in customer service but they managed to get me the lowest brokerages in the market. But in case the system gives the kind of problems that it has given me over the last month, then it is better to stay away till the system stabilises.

Hope this will be of help to all.

@systemtrader,
Apologies if my post sounds too noob but could you please give long form of first 2 companies you mentioned i.e. IB and MOST.
Thanks in advance.

Would like to give my feedback in continuation of what our friend AKG 7051 has given. Please note that

HAve had accounts with 3 brokers now for the past year or so.....kotak for the last 1 year, MOST and ib for more than 3 years. Have just opened a reliance money account around a month back.

1. IB: Have managed to get very good brokerages from them. HAve largely had exposures that they have managed to increase whenever i have wanted. HAd a relatively good experinece with them except for the last 3 months where a new RM has traded in my account and caused a loss of 1.2 lakhs. The guy came to try and bargain with me and have gone to SEBI. The branch head has now come and said that India Bulls will compensate and has asked for 1 more months time. Have stopped trading with them. Will keep following up with SEBI till they pay up. There is no Customer Service team to rely upon.

2. MOST: The delivery based research calls that I get from MOST is among the best that I have encountered in the industry. They are not willing to negotiate on the rates and hence, largely do delivery based business with them. Their RM's are of a very high quality and they are very very prompt in service. Like the outfit but money (brokerages) are also very dear to me.

3. Kotak: HAd signed up with them for the Flat product that they had launched. However have shifted to their regular offering as they give exposures for delivery and intraday against stocks too. Have become extremley flexible in brokerages and they negotiate brokerages based on volumes. Got a rate comparable to IB. Very complicated system of calculating margins and it took me nearly 2 months to crack. Am a lot more comfortable now that I understand their accounting practises. Customer Service desk is mostly unreachable and also substandard but they have alloted a dealer for me and he is among the best that I have dealt with in the broking industry. Their KEAT premium is good.

4. Reliance: Typically opposite to MOST......very very bad in customer service but they managed to get me the lowest brokerages in the market. But in case the system gives the kind of problems that it has given me over the last month, then it is better to stay away till the system stabilises.

Hope this will be of help to all.

hi,

what is your brokerage in reliance. is it limit card or %brokerage structure. my rm told he will offer me 2 paisa for futures,20 paisa for del and 25rs for options flat.

hi
i did use Reliance Money ICICI Direct and Sharekhan.my observation is that
- Reliance Money is just unreliable. better to avoid it.there are lots of clauses in their contract with u and they will refresh those to u after charging unexpected money from u.
- ICICI Direct is charging a lots of brokerage and they have nothing to do with reduction of charges by other player in industry. too arrogant bcouse of being a subsidiary of ICICI Bank Ltd.
- i find Sharekhan best of the lot as their online, offline trading services are best. customer care is 8.5 out of 10. interlinking with banks is superb.all of their trading platform has good internet bandwidth. brokerages are very competitive.

so i recommend for Sharekhan.

all you must have good reasons to be happy with your set of brokers as I have said else where a bank attached and numerous trading platforms gives you a unform trading experiance,you can do switching .as regards kotaks margin calculations they to send a mail to me every day,I dont make much sense of it,but it is handy at the end of next day

Be carefull with KOTAK Securities.
KOTAK Charges 0.02% as "Stamp Duty & Other Charges" + 10.36% Service tax, where as other brokers charges 0.002% Stamp Duty Charges.
Exapmle instaed of charging 1.20 Rs they are charging 12 Rs + tax.