which INTERNET connection do u use....

sunandoghosh said:
thats true if u dont factor in the time value of money :D
plus modem charges and installation charges...2000+500 = rs 2500

also i have no idea but since u have airtel connection; their modem which u would have been using might be usable for bsnl...just check before u purchase... :)

what was ur experience with airtel broadband...??? were u getting actually 256kbps or something near it or was it very very less than what is advertised...??????????

i dont know why they r restricted to few cities only...

hi..

as for as aitel connection is concerned very good service.. they say 256 kbps i get around 210 to 230 kbps speed... and very good download speed also.. around 30 to 35 kbps in night day time around 16 to 22 kbps..

sattvic..

hello friends,
I have reliance netconnect usb modem. It is 115 kbps which comes around 14 - 17 kbps maximum. The service is not reliable to do trading. I am thinking to get another connection when I start active trading:))presently playing 'MoneyBhai' Game at MoneyControl.com)
How is the Airtel Broadband service around DehraDun? Any other suggestion?
Manoj

Giraffe

MTNL broadband in New Delhi
512 Kbps during day, 2 Mbps during night.
Monthly bill - 899 rs (tax included)

Pros:
Unrivalled for heavy downloads.
Simply great if loading lots of movies from torrent.

Cons:
Not so good for trading. It keeps resetting on its own and you are left with no connection for 2-3 minutes. Sometimes happen every 15-20 min, usually happens every 2-3 hours.
Not much of issue if browsing net or downloading using torrent, but the trading terminal hangs when this happen.