which INTERNET connection do u use....

Recently Airtel has announced their mobile internet service through GPRS sets,
they are charging Rs 600 p.m. for unlimited use as per sms for pc and notebook pc.but not clearified whether call charges are there? speed?
Any bodywho has tried may clearify.

Thanks
sharv

Hi sharv,

"Normally the very word dial-up seems to imply lower speed but if a 512speed dial-up is possible at a lower rate than broadband, one can have one broadband connection and one high speed dial-up for backup incase anything goes wrong with broadband."

I never knew that dialup even offers 512kbps speed...can anyone say me how do i get it (if i am intepreting the above statement correctly)...

"I wrote this last night but today(26/4/2005), it has come in the papers that bandwidth rates are reduced to 70% effective from may onwards."

very true...

"This is great news so now one can almost have two for the price of one previously. Depending upon the efficiency of service provider, one may or may not opt."

lets see when the ISP passes the benfit to actual consumers....

"Recently Airtel has announced their mobile internet service through GPRS sets,they are charging Rs 600 p.m. for unlimited use as per sms for pc and notebook pc.but not clearified whether call charges are there? speed?
Any bodywho has tried may clearify."

even i would be excited to hear that.....................

regards,

sunando....

(note: as per TRAI definition: broadband is any speed not less than 256 kbps)

---------

[email protected] (i love emails :D )

sunandoghosh said:
thats what i believe even unless someone contradicts....

has anyone used gprs enabled handsets with airtel, hutch, bsnl etc for MOBILE INTERNET ACCESS....
I have tried hutch/orange and their speed is pathetic. I would suggest Reliance India Mobile (using R Connect).

See http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/rconnect_card.html

hi thanks for the link...

infact say if one has a laptop and one travels a lot and therefore one cannot have internet access always through dialup or cable;

reliance only seems to offer the best deal in area of mobile internet wireless access...

what about traderji...

:p

sunando
--------------
[email protected] (i love emails) :D

well people plz come forward and share your experience about what internet connection u use so that everyone can have a clear cut consildated opinion....

:) :p

thanks.........plzzzzzzzzz come forwarddddddddddd.....

well people plz come forward and share your experience about what internet connection u use so that everyone can have a clear cut consildated opinion....

:) :p

thanks.........plzzzzzzzzz come forwarddddddddddd.....bcz we all want

"not each others riches but the richness of each others experiences..."

sunando
----------
[email protected] (i love emails)

"I lost a lac of Rupees because of online broker's inefficiency...and poor internet connection..."

That is why i took the initiative again to start these two threads so that a proper selection can be made obviously out of available choices only....

"Pass NCFM exam or tell any neighbourhood to arrange for tht simple certificate..."

yes thats really not a big deal once determined...

"and get dedicated terminal at lower than online broker's brokerage rate..only 0.03 to 0.04% inclusive of levies and connectivity cost...much more happier trading environment..."

i agree that operational expenses in terms of brokerage rates may be almost negligible but then i always presumed that getting dedicated terminal must involve too high a cost possibly in several lakhs...

which means to break even in terms of recovering full initial fixed start up costs; it will require an enormous amount of trading....

can u enlighten a bit more on that...on expenses on setting up...thanks

regrads,

sunando

[email protected] (i love emails) :D

sh50 said:
That's a good point, credit. Normally the very word dial-up seems to imply lower speed but if a 512speed dial-up is possible at a lower rate than broadband, one can have one broadband connection and one high speed dial-up for backup incase anything goes wrong with broadband.I wrote this last night but today(26/4/2005), it has come in the papers that bandwidth rates are reduced to 70% effective from may onwards. This is great news so now one can almost have two for the price of one previously. Depending upon the efficiency of service provider, one may or may not opt.

The Bandwidth prices are already almost very less . Regarding the 70% reduction in bandiwdth prices ..its not exactly the price of bandwidth. The reduced price is for Domestic leased circuit charges .That order also dismissed by TDSAT yesterday .

The news papers are writing bandwidth where as the charges are for leased circuits.Last month also they wrote same bu the fact is that the prices reduced are for International private leased circuits .

Naresh