Which Health plan?

Hi,

I am looking for a health insurance policy which should atleast have below mentioned benefits:
1) Cashless facility
2) Covers pre & post hospitalization expenses
3) Free Medical check-up. Even if it is chargeable it should be minimal
4) Tax Benefit

Plz advice the best plan as per your experience.

Hi Azmina,

Almost every insurance provider offers the benefits that you are looking for. Tax Benefit is some thing which is exempted under section 80D of Income Tax Act.

I have medical insurance policy (Future Health Suraksha) by Future Generali. The plan covers the risks of

- In house Claims processing
- Innovative covers offered
- Quick Settlement of claims
- No Claim Bonus
- Ambulance charges up to ` 1500/- per hospitalization
- Pre-existing disease covered after four years of consecutive renewal
- Additional accidental hospitalisation limit enhanced by 25% of balance sum insured, subject to a maximum of ` 1 lakh
- Grace period of 30 days from date of expiry for renewal, etc.
- Tax Benefit
- Cashless facility

Hope this helps.

All the benefits you are looking for are provided by every company dealing into health insurance. Along with the above mentioned benefits you get additional benefits depending upon the insurance providers. So you can check the websites of all the insurance providers and get more details about them.:)

As per my experience, I will suggest you to check out Future Generalis health insurance online. They have network of hospitals across the nation to handle any medical problem that arises. This plan covers the risk of in house claims processing, quick settlement of claims, no claims bonus and much more. For more details visit their website.

There is indeed a difference between health insurance and mediclaim. Insurance companies offer two types of products (i.e., indemnity and benefit products) under health insurance plans in India. Under indemnity insurance, the beneficiary of the policy is compensated for the actual economic loss up to the limiting amount of the insurance policy. In this case, insured has to share the necessary proofs to recover his loss. Mediclaim is an example of such a product. Benefit products promises the payment of a lump sum amount in case of triggering of the insured events. Some of the examples of benefit policies are personal accident, critical illness etc. In this case, insured does not have to submit all the hospitalization bills for claiming under this policy.

shekharinvest

Why not have a look at Oriental Insurance Group plan for PNB account holders and National Insurance for Bank of Baroda account holders they both cover 2+2 family members for sum of Rs 500000 (max.), premium is about Rs 7000 which is lowest. If you need to open an account in the above banks open it. For equivalent SA premium from private insurance will cost upwards of Rs 20000.

They are the least advertised product. Also available with couple of other PSU banks, needs to search. I am considering porting my health plan at next renewal.

Last edited:

gibl

I would recommend you to first compare all insurance policies before buying anyone.You can check it out online.There are many online insurance comparison portals which can help you to get the best quote.